Various Game Mock Ups That You Get To Vote For...

Wich game would you prefer to see the day on the pandora first?

• Nails Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZOMB'D

• PixeGears

• $UP3R M@RI0 BR0S 2 !!!!!1111

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Mr.Gonzo

*implode*
Website
www.myspace.com
Hi everyone, some may know about me if they browse often in the developers area or the off topic section.
I'm a pixel artist, Musician, animator, and all this stuff combined. ( see my Retro Pandora Boot animation )
And my goal is to build games for the Pandora ( hopefully exclusives ).
I do mostly everything in my games apart from the coding and recently I've bin working a lot
on a platformer of mine that demanded a lot of effort from me and a coder to see the day.
Sad thing is, no coder seem to be willing to put that much effort into a game and if they do they don't seem to have the time.
So i just put the game on "PENDING" until someone decide to give this game some sweet sweet coding.
( i know i could just finish up all my work on this game until some coder show up but its not really encouraging to put a lot of effort on something that might never see the day. )

NAIL'S ADVENTURE
A man's journey to cure is badassery

2qiy3k9.png

Well that's the project i have bin working on for a while now.
So here is the first mock up of this game to ever see the day ( that's old ).

rtp9b6.png

And some more recent stuff:

ejdglz.png

You can find a trailer here: Trailer on Newgrounds
And more Pictures/concept animation/storyline details over here: Developpement Topic

ZOMB'D
A Point and click survival game

This is a game that has a little bit more chance to see the day since there's already an experienced coder ready to do the job for it.

Its basically a game about a Office guy working in a big water bottling company that ends up in a huge zombie infestation.
Could it be that the water bottling company could be one of the causes of this zombie outbreak?

For this game i thought of a gameplay similar to lucas art's point and click games meet survival horror in an addition of prince of persia-like game mechanics ( the original one ).

This will be an absurd and humorous approach to the genre.

Here's what you've bin waiting for: A MOCK UP!

2nsayqd.png

PixeGears
basically a Metal Warriors clone... but better and funner!

11ahnyu.png

i always loved the concept of the metal warrior game.
You could get off your robot and control this small dude that could fly around and go back in an other robot.

This was pretty cool ... its only flaw: Controlling the human was USELESS.

What i want in this game is that the human approach to be as fun as the robot approach... and i want both of those to be USEFUL in the game.

Cool funky robots with different abilities.
And Bad ass little pixeled dude with different abilities.

One of the ideas was the camera function, that when you control the pilot the camera is zoomed in and when you control the robots it zooms out.

Here's the mock up:

ZOOMED IN
243ork8.png

ZOOMED OUT
29by5ol.png

I would like to add that all of those games already have a few spreadsheets and what you see isn't everything that i've done on each one of those games.

So tell me what you guys think!

Last edited by a moderator:
PixeGears?
That's new. Never played Metal Warriors, but it looks good.
I really hope you find a coder, these are some awesome concepts you have here!

Nail looked too much like Cavestory, and I had mixed feelings about that (F@#$ing GP2X control stick was crap).

The zombie one seems kinda of like Shaun of the Dead (my mom did not believe that it wasn't a horror film, pretty gory box, she hates violent movies.)

I love giant robots, and the idea of covert operations as a squishy human (added element of danger compared to near invincible armored hulk.)

And you got the VitaSuit ( small robot )
That is very vulnerable but really fast and can hijack bigger robots.
Uhuh?

But yes... i love squishy humans... * creep face *

I can code, but I m busy with my own projects for now :p
Voted for Naily, but I still think that all of your art is too pixelated, it looks cool etc, but smoothing it a bit more might look even better, like keeping big pixels which are having gradients over their whole size if you get what I mean

I voted on coding for pixegears, but I don't even have time to read this thread, so I wouldn't count on me too much :)

EDIT: maybe after pandora is released, so that I have set up my development environment on there, we can talk about it. If you remember to PM me about that few months later from now. Currently I have no time to set up dev. environment on my PC with an ARM emulator. I got other stuff to do.

Remember Mr.Gonzo; if your stuck for a coder to work on your Nail's Adventure engine, you can always replace the graphics in the Secret Maryo Chronicles one.
You might need to change the predefine sizes etc. for the original graphics, but these should be easily editable with a simple text editor and I'm sure they wouldn't give you any problems (this would also give you a very useful level editor).

Good luck for whichever project you decide to go with :)

@JayFoxRox: Nails Adventure style is Cartoon oriented. So, SECRET OF MANA shading and all is not what i want.
ZOMB'D im pretty proud about the style.
If you look at the robots of Pixegears you can see some more professional kind of stuff.
What i do is all about style. not trying to look like all this other pixelated stuff.
( even though i admire everything that is good pixel art )

@Cosurgi: Well ill keep that in mind ! This could be alot of fun.

@Tripmonkey_uk: I'm already looking at level editors for all of my games.
Ill see if i want one or ill just go the paint way: Doing the whole level then create a Collision layer AND background layer separately.
Paint + photoshop = the best pixel combination. ( and i use photoshop mostly for color adjustment ).

Voted for Pixie Gears ... Nail's Adventure probably gonna top it but in the short term i think Pixie Gears would be easier to make there for we would see frutition of your work more quickly (ie attract more coders for Nail's adventure)

heh if i had 100% free time (I never do) I could probably do pixie gears since I have done (with help :) lots of help ) one never released game for a class (you just run around and get nubered boxes in order while running from bullets shot by a huge gun that is offcenter X.x )

I really like the artwork on Zomb'D.
too bad i can't code cause i'm just in my first year of computing i've only learned the basics
of java ;)

good luck with the projects!!

Mr.Gonzo said:
This was pretty cool ... its only flaw: Controlling the human was USELESS.

What i want in this game is that the human approach to be as fun as the robot approach... and i want both of those to be USEFUL in the game.
Not sure how you want this game to work, but I think it would be cool to have it setup like a death match, (think classic mario) where you are basically scrambling to get to a robot and kill the other player(s) first.

You could make time limits on how long you can be in a robot. Maybe by making the humans pick up fuel cells and take them to the robot they want to use, more fuel cells they get the longer the robot runs. The humans faster with less firepower, the robots slower with bigger firepower. there could be better robots that take more fuel than others. humans could have bombs or shields to help offset lack of firepower, of course they would still get squashed like a bug if they get stepped on. At the very least it would cut back on the level making time. Maybe a completely different direction than you want to go and would need some ironing out, but I think a multi-player game like that would be really fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Eniko: Thanks. But please quit commenting on my shit and go finish your MMO!
Makes me think of Ragnarok Online. Loved that game.

@MonkeyChops: Yes , there will be a Multiplayer similar to that ! But single player too. with story line and all.

But thanks for the fuel idea , really good one.

in single player killing robots would let you collect fuel tanks.
There's going to be various types of robots.

The Vitasuit is the smallest of them Its only armed with a jetpack and a machine gun. its very fast yet very vulnerable. is main ability is to hijack robots By reaching in the back of the robot and rapidly mashing the hijack button... when successful you rip the pilot out of the Robot. then the choice is yours to 1.Get in the robot or 2.Destroy the unmounted robot ( its really vulnerable when theres no pilot in it/not activated )

Then there's MorphBot.
Strong Robot but slow. Armed with machine gun and grenade launcher.
He can transform into a ball to shield himself a little and to move faster. ( but he can't attack when he's in Ball mode.
He doesn't jump really high but he has reactors under his feets... so he can float ( SLOWLY ) to destination.

The Next one is Spiderbot.
His main ability is to move from a spot to an other.
He's Medium on speed and medium on resistance + no shielding ability. but he has the Harpoon and the ability to walk on every surface ( floor , wall ... )
When he shoots the harpoon it pulls him automaticaly to the spot he aimed and he stick to that surface.

And the final one is the Assabot , hes got shit resistance but is really fast.
He is a Melee only robot and his other arm holds a retractable HOLOSHIELD that he is able to run with.
and he jumps really high and has the ability to grab on surfaces.

voted for Nails, but i consider myself a big fan of all your projects.

now after reading @cb88 i agree it'd be better to focus on the fastest/easiest game to code for the release and then go for Nails Adventure, because that game is gonna be epic, and i'd like to see it being developed with care at its own pace, and not rushed out. oh man, it's a really good work, produces really good feelings.

@gonzo, sounds really fun. my vote is definatly on that one. although I really like them all.

Dude, sweet graphics.

Just one question though. Whichever game you go with, are you planning on porting it or open-sourcing to other platforms?

Back