Utorrent Or Azureus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ everyone saying utorrent, not only is it closed source, but it is also WINDOWS ONLY. There is no possible way to run it reasonably on a Pandora, and even if you did, the whole point is that it is tightly integrated with the windows APIs, so you might as well start from scratch.

P.S. it is the best torrent client for windows IMO, just so you know I don't just hate the software.

Hmmm... torrenting on your Pandora. Would I be wrong to believe that leaving your Pandora on overnight costs less power than your desktop? If so, I might actually start doing that to spare the environment. (and my wallet)

I'm running deluge on an ancient laptop that has specs much lower than the Pandora. I like the plugins, especially the blocklist importer, and being able to pick the parts of the torrent I want to download easily. If I read it right the Pandora is going to have USB ports on it, so you could avoid writing the SDHC cards to death the same way I avoid my tiny and incredibly slow HDD, by pointing the downloads to /media/disk. With bargain bin thumb drives going for $10/4GB they're like the floppies of today, much cheaper to replace than those cards, and able to plug in to pretty much any computer without having an adapter like that little hunk of junk that shipped with my gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why thank you good sir. Welcome to GP32X.
Edit: I hope someone's on to close before RAGERAGERAGE.

I use Transmission because it came standard with Ubuntu 8.10, but I'd use a command-line client if I had to.. I don't really care.

I just wonder why we keep getting people zombifying dead threads. It's happened at least 3 time this past week.

lulzfish said:
I wondered how this got 3 pages and I'd never seen the title before...

Because it's super old and was dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back