Utorrent Or Azureus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mithrildor said:
1. µTorrent isn't open source
2. It's not Utorrent but : µTorrent (Thats the Greek µ and it's pronounced as "Mu"
For clarification - it's pronounced exactly like the pokemon "Mew".

OT:

Some BitTorrent client could be quite useful, actually. It could be a way of distributing files without using up website bandwidth (as someone mentioned above). I know of many websites that release their software this way, and it works very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another possible solution for you guys as well...

use your home PC for torrents that you can queue up with Pandora. For instance, Mininova has favorites or bookmarks, I forget what it calls them. You can have most popular BT clients monitor an RSS feed pretty easily. Most of the good BT websites also allow you to have an RSS feed of your own favorites/bookmarks. Combine the two and you can just browse the website, flag a torrent as a favorite, and your home PC automatically starts downloading it the next time it refreshes the RSS feed.

Mithrildor said:
2. It's not Utorrent but : µTorrent (Thats the Greek µ and it's pronounced as "Mu"
However, the name of it is 'MICRO' torrent given to it by the fact that when it was first becoming popular, it was about a 500kb executable and that's all you needed to get it going.

Mithrildor said:
OHHHH! He told you, Lois! So bam!

U-torrent 4 lyfe.

But seriously, they shouldn't make a partly Greek name and expect everyone to know how to pronounce it.

utorrent is evil, azureus isnt that great.. bitcomet and bittornado isnt complex enough... i vote for HALITE- you guys need to check it out. halite is real open source, but i dont remember if it was on linux though. i highly recommended and imo runs better than utorrent. halite also takes up less ram than utorrent! I'm a little disappointed that no one knows about it here...

utorrent is microtorrent just like the SI prefix micro (either 10 ^ -9 or 10 ^ -6)
i would recommend rtorrent as the easiest and definitely fastest bittorrent client for any computer especially portable computers

polkunus said:
halite also takes up less ram than utorrent!
Who cares? I can run utorrent on my 486 packard bell system just fine. If you need something more memory efficient than that then you're just being stupid picky.

Vorporeal said:
Mithrildor said:
For clarification - it's pronounced exactly like the pokemon "Mew".

Yup, your right , I forgot that you pronounce the U different in English then in Dutch.

I'll vote KTorrent too, as Azureus is so huge and bloated nowadays 99% of the CPU cycles would go to Vuze and the leftover 1% would be divided into actually downloading and writing to flash. :(

bustaballs said:
polkunus said:
halite also takes up less ram than utorrent!
Who cares? I can run utorrent on my 486 packard bell system just fine. If you need something more memory efficient than that then you're just being stupid picky.

um:
1. it was an "add", i said imo it was faster right?
2. the pandora doesn't have that much ram
3. halite is full open source.

Mithrildor said:
Wuts the max download speed for the pandora? the ds is really slow!
No doubt as fast as any other wireless computer on the network. The DS is slow because it's using old Wireless-B technology. The Pandora's going to have B, G, and A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back