US & Canada Open Pandora GmbH Preorders & Ithic.com Shipping

Next Batch is moving from Germany to the US. Should be here sometime next week. Customs scares me always, so I feel better once everything is free and clear there.

A bunch of new items have been added to http://www.ithic.com Open Pandora shop, if you haven't checked it out lately, have a look.

64GB SDXC Class XVI Cards, 32G & 16GB SDHC Cards Class XVI,Car chargers, USB chargers, USB flexible Light cables, new microfiber towels, 309 Retro Lunch Box, etc.

I'll give an update once things clear US Customs.

I'm interested in some of those items, but you don't offer shipping to Australia. Any way that I can twist your arm to offer shipping to Australia?

^

Replied to your email.

I've figured out some pretty affordable ways to ship overseas with either the UltraBox 308 or Pelican 1040 Case or smaller items. Anywhere worldwide for ≈ $25 insured, so that would include 64GB SDXC & SDHC cards, cables, car adapters, micro fiber cloths, SD Card cases, batteries, earbuds, EXT/Tiny BoB (less than 20 left of these instock). Basically the hard case goes into a padded envelope that can weigh up to 4 pounds (1.9kg).

Next batch should be here Wednesday, I had no idea US Customs worked 7 days a week.

Turns out they don't, package is still clearing.

Packages are cleared through Customs and On-Time for delivery tomorrow. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll know tomorrow. My instinct is to say no. Maybe ED can chime in when those will ship or have shipped. Considering we're not seeing any pictures from anyone within the EU with the new case is where I base my claim.

The cases have just arrived at the airport today.

Sorry, I can't grab them, go back in time to assemble and ship them two weeks ago... it would cause major damage to the world's time mechanism.

The cases have just arrived at the airport today.

Sorry, I can't grab them, go back in time to assemble and ship them two weeks ago... it would cause major damage to the world's time mechanism.

Man if you can't bend space and time then no one can..

Just got word on someone from Canada getting hit with this via UPS Ground:

- $69.87 GST (Federal Goods and Services Tax)

- $68.45 Brokerage Fee

- $8.90 GST on the brokerage fee

OUCH! USPS will not ship any type of lithium battery international right now, perhaps a resolution on that issue in 6 months.

thanks Ed, when will you be putting these ones out? also how is the joints at the screen? are they still cracking?

Mine was delivered a month ago, and it was one with a slightly redesigned and improved case to help against cracking. Same old colour.

Just got word on someone from Canada getting hit with this via UPS Ground:

- $68.45 Brokerage Fee

- $8.90 GST on the brokerage fee

OUCH! USPS will not ship any type of lithium battery international right now, perhaps a resolution on that issue in 6 months.

zomg.

I used to know some tricks for shipping. I vaguely recall something about using your own brokerage service and calling UPS ahead of time to have them use it. Is something like this possible? If so, then you Link could arrange a brokerage service for Canadians to cooperatively use. This would remove the UPS brokerage fee and replace it with a sane one.

Also, it's possible to fight the tax, if anyone knows of an exemption which should apply to them or their Pandora. I don't know anything about this stuff.. I was one of the lucky ones this time.

I would LOVE to see the report on that. :angry:

Do the new Pandora's suddenly say "made in Germany" on them or something? Because the North American Free Trade Agreement says that there is no import tax when shipping from the US to Canada unless there are markings or labels stating it was made in a different country.

I would LOVE to see the report on that. :angry:

Do the new Pandora's suddenly say "made in Germany" on them or something? Because the North American Free Trade Agreement says that there is no import tax when shipping from the US to Canada unless there are markings or labels stating it was made in a different country.
The ReBirth Edition Pandoras have a sticker stating "Made in Bavaria"

That information also goes onto the customs forms.

Do you guys have duty free shopping over there? Like at airports and stuff before you go over seas you can buy stuff that is exempt from taxes. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it. Just curious. I've never heard of anyone in Aus getting hit with a tax for buying stuff from another country.

^ That'd be because Australia has very generous importation limits for personal use. ;)

You guys are lucky - over here in the UK, our limit before being stung with exorbitant fees is £18, which also includes the shipping costs indicated on the package.

^ Either way, it's still an absolute disgrace compared to the vast majority of other countries.

I've got no problem with the VAT stuff - that's reasonable and fine with me. It's the brokerage fees that are the biggest problem.

Back