Release Uplink

For free, for reals??? So there was no need to turn my house upside down to find the disc.

Thanks Lunixbochs for the port and extra polish, and thanks Introversion for allowing a full free release :D

My year is now complete and it's not even 3 weeks old yet.

Nice to have this. i heard about this game 10 yrs ago, from my friend , but never played it. Now its time.. :)

Excellent. Thanks lunixbochs for your porting efforts and Introversion for allowing the release of this with the game data even (I got it in the HumbleBundle and also have a physical disc).

Thanks muchly. Always meant to get around to playing this, now I've no excuse not to.

Always meant to get around to playing this, now I've no excuse not to.
Maybe poor eyesight :p
And we all know what causes that....
A trip to the optician?
Hairy palms...

Of course this now means nobody can claim not to be able to read the text because it's too small/fuzzy/erotically stimulating. All complaints about the Uplink text, to avoid suspicion of excessive self gratification, must be based solely on font preference.

Always meant to get around to playing this, now I've no excuse not to.
Maybe poor eyesight :p
And we all know what causes that....
A trip to the optician?
Hairy palms...

Of course this now means nobody can claim not to be able to read the text because it's too small/fuzzy/erotically stimulating. All complaints about the Uplink text, to avoid suspicion of excessive self gratification, must be based solely on font preference.
I would have preferred it in helvetica :D

On topic, congrats Linux awesome stuff, will look at when I finish work.

And as others a huge thanks to Introversion for allowing the release (I also have the humble bundle)

Is there any way to get the textboxes to show the whole text, resize them or scroll down etc.?

Which textboxes don't show the whole text? I don't remember having any problems. Some of the text areas have scrollbars to the right.

Which textboxes don't show the whole text?

The tutorial window opens with at least one line of text hidden off the bottom, and no immediately apparent way to resize it or scroll the text to find out what to do next for those with no previous uplink experience ;)

^ Yeah I was talking about the tutorial. At some point I didn't know what to do, accidentally deleted an IP I needed to go with no way (no idea how) to get it back and the unreadable text didn't help... ^^

If it's only a tutorial problem though I could play that on the pc (it's been about 10 Years since I played Uplink...) and then continue on the Pandora. :)

I really need to rework the font rendering. I might replace ftgles with a bitmap font renderer and a font optimized for the screen.

It sure has been a while, any more progress on polishing the port lunixbochs? I'd love to see a more complete version, and on the Repo!

I too just got my Pandora and love this game as well as the DigitalHazard followup series. I would really like to see the font issue improved. They look aliased. hope to see them cleaned up and maybe the DH series can be done by you or someone else next!

Back