Updating Inimaker, Let's Hear Some Ideas

Alex.

Retired
Hey,

I'll be updating INImaker one of these days, and I'd like to hear your ideas for new things. It's gotten over 1500 downloads so far, which is awesome, so I think it deserves an update for graphics and features :)

This is what I have planned so far:

- Option to generate ini files and icons for programs outside the 'game' dir
- Option to erase old .ini files that link to programs you deleted

Let me know, anything reasonable goes.

Hi Alex,

nice tool, thanks for this.

- Option to generate ini files and icons for programs outside the 'game' dir
- Option to erase old .ini files that link to programs you deleted

Very good idea.

What about a kind of "blacklist" to exclude programs you DON'T want link with an .ini file for some reason?

rds

Kasi

Inimaker was incredibly useful when I was using the default launcher, but now I'm using chp's new Win2X launcher so it's not much help in its current state.

It would be useful if you could collaborate with him to possibly create an settings file in a format that Win2X will recognise. Or a file that can be parsed by Win2X?

Definately worth considering, it was an idea I had a while ago, I imagine it would create icons in a temporary area which you could then sort into the program categories.

Really good to see some activity here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your replies. :)

kasi said:
What about a kind of "blacklist" to exclude programs you DON'T want link with an .ini file for some reason?
Ghanji said:
what about:
- games folder
- selected folder(s)
- whole SD card
Both sound good, will do.

frolik said:
Inimaker was incredibly useful when I was using the default launcher, but now I'm using chp's new Win2X launcher so it's not much help in its current state.

It would be useful if you could collaborate with him to possibly create an settings file in a format that Win2X will recognise. Or a file that can be parsed by Win2X?

Definately worth considering, it was an idea I had a while ago, I imagine it would create icons in a temporary area which you could then sort into the program categories.

Really good to see some activity here :)
I didn't look at Win2x much yet, but I'll give it a go for sure once it's matured (I did the same with Gmenu2x on the GP2X, and never went back to the default front end). So perhaps in a future update. I'll probably open source INImaker in the near future, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back