Eyetoy Pain!

A

Aaaaaaaa

SO here's the story. I and my friend have eyetoys...we have both gotten the drivers for installing them on our PCs and for ages they've worked fine. His is still totally fine, but now mine has a rather large problem.

My namtai camera, everytime it's plugged in, comes up with the error "USB Device not recogniced/ malfunctioned".

We've tried installing the drivers by going into device manager and updating, but it doesnt recognize the install files, we've tried to uninstall from my PC, but when i try to remove it from "add/remove programs"
it says "cannot initiate cleandevice.ini" ( i googled this... nothing!

The camera worked for so long totally fine, but now it just sux and breaks!

Anyone got any ideas how to get it to recognize or, at least uninstall it?

Thanks

Thanks for the thought!

Im rather reluctant to do that... It's an annoying process setting up again, and i formatted about 1 month ago.

DrDomDom posted on Aug 27 2006 at 11:01 PM said:
Deleted User posted on Aug 27 2006 at 10:56 PM said:
SO here's the story. I and my friend have eyetoys...we have both gotten the drivers for installing them on our PCs and for ages they've worked fine. His is still totally fine, but now mine has a rather large problem.

My namtai camera, everytime it's plugged in, comes up with the error "USB Device not recogniced/ malfunctioned".

We've tried installing the drivers by going into device manager and updating, but it doesnt recognize the install files, we've tried to uninstall from my PC, but when i try to remove it from "add/remove programs"
it says "cannot initiate cleandevice.ini" ( i googled this... nothing!

The camera worked for so long totally fine, but now it just sux and breaks!

Anyone got any ideas how to get it to recognize or, at least uninstall it?

Thanks
I AM THAT FRIEND! *yeah, I'm cool*

Poffykins his more posts than me! Fnarr!
Was it you I was arguing with about the definition of intelligence with, over MSN.

Last edited by a moderator:
After REMedial ASSrape, whcih was unsuccessful,

System restore fixed it. Cheers.

Also, close the thread.

DrDomDom posted on Aug 28 2006 at 06:03 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Aug 28 2006 at 01:56 PM said:
*Stabs DrDomDom in the eye with a ball point parker pen*
Oh yes...I feel the pain.

Figured out that 2 + 2 doesnt equal 18 yet?

Im glad I didnt get a D in my GCSEs and a mere less than half as As.

It hurts to be better than you in every way concievable...it really does.
Meh, if you attempt to get more than Half A's at GCSE then you are just sad. It's A levels and up where you are actually meant to try!

Also the D was not my fault. You have the intelligence of that of the reciprocal of 5 of my hamster's. You'll be lucky if you manage a C.

Now stop pissing me off while im trying to do maths at 2am!

*CLOSURE, SWEET SWEET CLOSURE!*

sam fisher posted on Aug 29 2006 at 02:03 AM said:
Meh, if you attempt to get more than Half A's at GCSE then you are just sad. It's A levels and up where you are actually meant to try!
If it would have taken effort for you to get more than half A grades at GCSE then maybe you aren't as smart as you thought.

LHC posted on Aug 29 2006 at 02:09 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Aug 29 2006 at 02:03 AM said:
If it would have taken effort for you to get more than half A grades at GCSE then maybe you aren't as smart as you thought.
yeah I did no work through my GCSE's and got mainly As but I've lost it this year and completely failed all my AS levels

What a pity employers don't give a crap about grades and are more bothered about experience :rolleyes:

No one, but you all seem to think that your grades are really important, or something.

Javacat posted on Aug 29 2006 at 07:23 PM said:
No one, but you all seem to think that your grades are really important, or something.
Not at all. We're saying that sam fisher isn't as clever as he thinks.

GCSEs are the least important and easiest thing you will ever do, which is why you shouldn't put any effort into them. If sam fisher is as clever as he thinks though, he wouldn't have stuggled to get more than 50% A grades with no effort.

Back