Unofficial Cases For Gp2x

blister-carry-case-ds.jpg

Best case ever!

(naw)mcx posted on Aug 17 2006 at 08:56 AM said:
blister-carry-case-ds.jpg

Best case ever!

That looks a bit like mine .. which is a cheap 'no-name brand' PSP case I bought in MediaMarkt for 5 euro's.. works well, fits the GP2X just fine, has an internal pocket for the odd SD card or two ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Astonishia Story GP32 case. It has an annoying transparent plastic bit in it which I plan on massacring at some point, but it fits my 4 pairs of AAs, headphones, two spare joystick caps and GP2X in it just fine.

I use my pencil case :blink:

It has room for my gp2x and at least one pair of batteries, I usually only put it in there at all when I'm going on holiday so I put my other batteries in my charger.

Here is the case I use for my GP32, which could probably also be used for a GP2X

dsc03833so3.jpg

The GP32 is a bit too long for the flap, so I just made a double-sided velcro extension thing. Works pretty well. Even though you can't carry any extra items in it, this is one of the only cases that fit into most pockets since the GP32 fits in it almost perfectly (except for the length).

Edit: Oh, I forgot. This is a $1 Targus case that you can find at Walmart.

I use a simple GBA case I got a while back. It has a pocket large enough to fit the GP2X, and a smaller sub-pocket I could carry the tv-out cable or some batteries or something along those lines in. It's nice, although it usually goes into some type of larger carrying item like my backpack, making it a little less useful.

Crazy Goat posted on Aug 17 2006 at 01:36 AM said:
Shoebox and sandpaper is 10x cheaper than all your solutions.

It wasn't funny the first time you posted it.

palmtastic posted on Aug 16 2006 at 05:48 PM said:
I am still waiting for the arrival of my gp2x mkII.

Just wonder if there is any good carry case besides the official one by GPH.

Anyone care to share?

Thanks!
I got the official Nintendo DS case and removed the Nintendo logo that was stiched on.

Then I cut the plastic that was made to fit the DS buttons until I could slip the bottom of the GP2X into it fine.

It was really really nice actually $10 at Target I think. Radio Shack had a nice bigger case for $3 on sale, it looked almost big enough for two GP2Xii and it would be great for Wifi or a battery to power the wifi, etc.

I liked my DS official case though, it was very sleek and square.

TelcoLou posted on Aug 17 2006 at 04:01 PM said:
Crazy Goat posted on Aug 17 2006 at 01:36 AM said:
Shoebox and sandpaper is 10x cheaper than all your solutions.

It wasn't funny the first time you posted it.

I was thinking the exact same thing

Mental Note... don't lend anything to Crazy Goat.

I was thinking of buying a case for the 2X, but I'm wondering if there are any with straps for it. *ponders* The TARGUS one JaqMs posted that was at Walmart sounded good AND inexpensive. Could also buy one for the GP32 while I'm at it. Doesn't seem to have room for much else though, besides just the unit, and maybe an extra SMC card though.

They do sell cases for GBA and DS across the street, I wonder if any of them might be an ideal solution, but they tend to charge a small fortune for accessories like that.

Winterkid posted on Aug 17 2006 at 02:48 PM said:
I was thinking of buying a case for the 2X, but I'm wondering if there are any with straps for it. *ponders* The TARGUS one JaqMs posted that was at Walmart sounded good AND inexpensive. Could also buy one for the GP32 while I'm at it. Doesn't seem to have room for much else though, besides just the unit, and maybe an extra SMC card though.

They do sell cases for GBA and DS across the street, I wonder if any of them might be an ideal solution, but they tend to charge a small fortune for accessories like that.
What do you mean by a strap? Over the shoulder? Wrist strap on the case? Wrist strap for the GP2X? Straps to hold it into the case so you can play it while it stays in the case?

The Nintendo DS official one I was using had a nice strap that tucked away and was stiched to the case, and then I could pull it out and it stuck out the zipper at the end. Pretty cool.

Edit, those $1 are too small and don't protect anything, except maybe scratches, as it is open though, dust and dirt can still blow in and scratch it, you are completely screwed if you drop it too, it is only a "sack", no padding.

And, maybe you need a strapless :lol: :lol:

nubie posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:57 PM said:
And, maybe you need a strapless :lol: :lol:

Only with a purse, and only for you. Shave my back hair for me?

*laugh* You opened the door, you face the horror.

No, a strap for the carrying case, like a wrist strap, but a bit thicker. A case with no padding to absorb impact doesn't seem very practical, yeah. I don't tend to drop things a lot, but you never know.

I have the official case, and honestly the only really good point about
it is the fact it has the GP2X logo on it.

Its not a perfect fit, and while it does have extra room to store
things like batteries and earphones they can pretty much float
around free if you dont cram the stuff in the little pouch. And there
is no protection for the GP2X from anything else you might put in the
case.

I think i will buy a standard (as in non-lite) DS case, probably an
'unofficial' one so i dont have the DS logo or a pic of mario to confuse
me when i have both my DS and GP2X in my bag. :p

-Twixn-

Thanks to all for your inputs.

I have picked this new NDS case from eBay for $1.20, but shipping was $7.00 extra.
$8.20 is still cheaper than the officical one @$12.90 exclusive of shipping.

146d.jpg
146.jpg

There are 3 GP2X in the house and [http://cgi.ebay.com/Gamecase-Carrying-Case-for-Nintendo-DS-GBC-GBA-NEOGEO_W0QQitemZ290034683200QQihZ019QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]all use this one[/url] for carrying cases. Has 2 pockets, room for a few SD cards in cases and spare batteries. Does what we need it to. :)

Edit: Updated link.

If it expires search eBay for seller "nate.gamers" and text "Gamecase Carrying Case for Nintendo DS GBC GBA NEOGEO" at last look.

Edit: I started carrying my PSP around with my GP2X and they both fit in this case - one system on each side. It's a bit snug but it doesn't crush them together. I like this case more every time I use it. :)

^^ Thats interesting it has a pic of a GBC on the cover, because I noticed last night that the GP2X and GBC were almost identical in size, I was thinking of buying a GBC case for mine

I`m using a network cable tested case :) fits perfect.. soft on the inside... zip al the way round..
Just the job.. :)

TelcoLou posted on Aug 16 2006 at 11:45 PM said:
Same case I use for my neo-geo pocket color :D

ManicResin posted on Aug 17 2006 at 03:05 AM said:
HOLY CRAP!!! thats the same case i use except mine is all black.
Yup yup they're amazing, no?

*Hi-five*

PC.ALS.GSP9.RT.JPG

That's the case I use for my gp32 BLU+. I have some ghetto foam case for my FLU :lol:

I pulled off the GBA logo part and ironed on a gp32 patch. Looks sexy (and i still have those patches if anyone is interested in making their homemade case look official)

Back