Power Supplies For The 2x That Are Actually Useable

TheMinder

I am currently using a MKII with an "official" power supply but things are that bad i am having to use Sellotape to make sure the damn thing doesn't keep falling out.

Has anyone any recommendations for a power supply that actually stays in place ? (available in the UK ideally)

It's getting to the point where i may have to do another impact test with it, it's that frustrating.

The wiki has perfectly usable power supplies you can buy in the UK (Argos).

I bought mine from Maplin.

I got the Argos one but I have the same problem. IMO it's a design fault in the GP2X, ideally the power socket would be at the top beside the headphone one. It's not really an issue for me as when I'm gaming I'm using batteries and when I'm doing other stuff it's over the serial cable.

I have the argos one and the plug is not the perfect size. It works most of the time but at some angles the power cuts out.
It would be nicer if they had used a bigger sized socket as they tend to be more tolerent of connector size.

Maybe you need to buy a replacment connector from Maplin? They should fit the same lead if its of the two pronged variety.

Squidge posted on Oct 17 2006 at 10:00 PM said:
Maybe you need to buy a replacment connector from Maplin? They should fit the same lead if its of the two pronged variety.

It is, and I'll look into it... tnx Squidge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried several different ends for my Argos power supply: they all suffer from the same problem :(

Back