Gp2x Offical Carrying Case

craigletheren

Still Fresh
hello.

I have an F-200 and the official carry case. Does anyone else who has the same case have trouble getting their GP2X into it or is mine from a dodgy batch? I have to really squeeze mine in and, when it is in there, both shoulder buttons are tightly pressed.

Cheers,

CR

I don't have the official case, because when I was researching the purchase of my F100 many moons ago, I read a number of negative remarks about the "too tight" GP2X case. The recommendation I followed was to buy a DS case and use that instead, and that has worked well for me...

yeah mate, ditch the official carrying case. I have one of those DS cases aswell. Gp2x fits well and batteries plus sd cards also.

I always feel bad for people that come on here asking questions like this...

I use an old Pelican GBA case.

Yup, a DS case is fine, however I found the best one to be the official Nintendo carry case for the original GameBoy - the larger compartment takes the GP2x takes the system nicely, and the smaller one takes your SD cards, earphones and about a dozen batteries. Lovely!

CaptainReboot said:
In everyone's opinion, which is the best DS case to use? Is there an official Nintendo one?
I have used 2 different Official DS cases, the first fit perfectly, but you had to cut the flexible plastic down to the bottom of the unit, and there was no room for Accessories or batteries.

The second one I got was roughly twice the size and had an elastic strap to hold in the GP, the other half can hold card readers, extra SD cards, and plenty of extra batteries.

The best thing to do is go to the store with your GP2X and try a few cases for size, this will really help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the original case and it's OK for me. Both the F-100 and the F-200 fit in.

Regards,
Stephan

Granted it would be a lot better with a separate compartment instead of the mesh bag but I rather like the original case with the snazzy chrome gp2x button in the middle. Took it everywhere and my F100 still looks minty except for a shiny thumb groove around the joystick.

Back