Where To Buy

coolbeans

Still Fresh
Hi there,

I've been doing a bit of research on the GP2X and having been satisfied with the reviews and user opinions I've read, I'm now looking into buying one.

gp2x.co.uk offers a MKII system clocked at 240MHz for £120 (as well as a couple of extras)

This ebay auction (seller has excellent feedback);

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/280Mhz-GP2X-Consoles...1QQcmdZViewItem

seems to be selling just the MKI console, but at a clock rate of 280 and for around £40 less.

Now to me, the second option seems the obvious choice, as I've been reading that the only real difference
between a MKI and MKII is the screen. HOWEVER, it does sound a little too good to be true at that price.

Any suggestions as to which i should go for (and why) will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Neil

Just in case it's not clear, Craigx is the ebay seller and is also gp2x.co.uk. They are all from the same place and come highly recommended. By me anyway!

Joint the fun!

Just to add to what lubidog (How the voice :) ) and argor has already said, Craigix is a member of these boards and the owner of gp2x.co.uk and the ebay auction you have linked to.

Not in any way is this ment to sway your decision, But i have just purchased a GP2x from Craigix's ebay auction in your link.

Which ever way you choose to purchase through Craigix, I'm sure you will be happy with the level of customer satisfaction and support.

And NO, I do not work for them.

Trooper

Just do NOT order from play-asia.com

Trust me. If something goes wrong and you have to return it you will be at least six months out of pocket.

Just keep in mind that the MK1 has the rotated stick, which can be quite annoying and it also has issues with the cradle (well you need a second PSU).

Oh and some/most of those 240Mhz MK2 can probably clock higher than that (or is craigix selling 266Mhz units again? :p )

The advice is greatly appreciated guys!

It fills me with confidence to know that a 'gp2x guru' ;) has purchased one of these models so I think that's the way I'll go.

From what I've read elsewhere the rotated stick doesn't seem to be too great a hindrance. However, if I did find it irritating, is it a problem i could fix myself (assuming my tools are limited to a welder and a set of screwdrivers)?

Cheers
Neil

P.S. Can't wait to start coding on this thing!

Back