Unofcial Firmware 1.4.0 Release

I fail to see what harm posting the link would do to be honest, but what the hell, it's easy enough to find.

Hint 1: Forum search.

Hint 2: IRC is your friend.

I'm still on 1.1.0 and probably won't upgrade until I read that the screen quality isn't going to suffer (washed out colours reported on >= 1.2.0). Hopefully 1.5.0 will be just lovely and come with source code so we can start fixing bugs and adding features ourselves.

Don't anybody know there were a >> removed 'link << This is an unreleased beta ... please don't link or direct folks to it.

If this is a problem my post will be deleted...or admin would have said "be carrefull do not post.."
And everybody know flashing is at your own risk etc. etc.
GPH just wanted to test this for a couple of day before releasing it...
I don't see anything wrong if someone want to test it before it's ' " officially " ' ' " released " '.....
If some people didn't want other to test it, it would not be there...
Curiously very visible for an hidden file...
More seriously, I'll put this 1.0.4 because there is some improvements and I'm in 1.0.1 actually so...
If others test, just please report...

hint 3. it's on the web also

hint 4. wait until an official release, just in case you brick, especially if you've never done a firmware flash before. this is the route i'm taking.

battery light doesn't work for me either, battery will cut out before anythign comes on (and yes, gp2x tells me "empty", and still no bat light)

I downloaded 1.4 but am too chicken to install it after the 1.1 firmware upgrade killed my first edition :angry:

I will seek vengeance for my loss...

Until there is an officially recognised firmware, thats when I will upgrade.

Sorry for the 'pseudo link'... I wasn't sure we weren't allowed to post it...
And yes it's 1.4 but being in 1.0.1 since the beginning give me some misjudgment...
I'm sure I'm the only one who want changes on the e-book reader...
Why can't we just set the brightness of the text with vol+ and vol- or other keys..And show % of the current text viewed and other cool things...
The font problem was solved with the 1.2 or something like this but I haven't tried yet..
Anyway I'm sure we can have much better txt reader...
sorry for the link post and my crappy english...

I live on the edge. Come on, its fricken firmware. If your batteries are charged and your sd card works, there is no problem, worse thing that could happen if your batteries are charged is it not upgrade because sd card doesn't work. Ive flashed it on empty 3 times now.

EDIT: My SD card was also filled with crap, so no problems here. Its frimware. Grow some balls and flash it :D

The only glitch I seen so far is that when I use the Music Player's select feature where it goes into sleep mode, the thing stops my music after 30seconds and goes back to the main menu... When I dont use the sleep mode its fine :huh:

darokin posted on Feb 14 2006 at 11:26 PM said:
I'm sure I'm the only one who want changes on the e-book reader...
No you aren't, I'd like to see some improvements there too.

Not having to run the sync script after exiting it to make sure the bookmark is saved would be nice. Support for bookmarks in multiple books would be even nicer.

I think 1.4.0 was supposed to have better bookmark support though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back