Uk Vat Drop

scanti

Still Fresh
As any UK residents may know the government is dropping VAT (sales tax) from 17.5% to 15% on the 1st December.

I was wondering if it would help Craig and co. out if I reordered after this date?

(I got my refund through and I was going to reorder but my bank's online system was offline at the time).

Does the reorder count as a new order and therefore be at the 15% rate or a continuation of my previous order at the 17.5% rate?

If the order is at the new rate then Craig would be better off by about £5 which I would gladly pass on to him. (It should help cover the costs of any credit card orders).

What's the Pandora sales team's take on this?

scanti said:
If the order is at the new rate then Craig would be better off by about £5 which I would gladly pass on to him. (It should help cover the costs of any credit card orders).

What's the Pandora sales team's take on this?
Good point and I'd be happy to do the same... ie pay the old amount when rebook next month which means openpandora save a bit on Vat. Its only a small amount, but all adds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good idea. This could really help - it will also help cover the credit card transaction charge that openpandora would have to pay - as long as people repay the same amount.

I don't know anything about taxation in the UK, but over here anything that goes into ED's pockets and is somehow related to the purchase of a handheld must be subjected to VAT. It wouldn't matter if it was called a "donation" or anything else.

Edit: Oh you meant he could increase the net price of the Pandora. But would it be worth the trouble?

Or you just do a standard reorder and they buy a dev fund helper to make up the difference.

Mattz said:
Or you just do a standard reorder and they buy a dev fund helper to make up the difference.
they told us the dev fund was to go to software developers

Last edited by a moderator:
Back