Wouldn't It Be Nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
jdh2550 said:
Squidge said:
jdh2550 said:
Please don't tell me about "interfacing to banking systems [is] not catalogging snes roms". That's kind of insulting - I'll trade professional software development experience stories with you any day of the week.

In which case you should know how long it would take to do such a task, and know that it's not practical to just whip up a script to do everything in a few hours, as you seem to be suggesting previously (which is what I was getting at).

Doesn't that rather depend on what the script has to do? And, no I never mentioned "whipping something up in a couple of hours" but I can't see this being more than a couple of days work for a skilled developer using libraries that are well tested and easily available. Just think, if it had been started 5 days ago it could be done by now. If folks had been willing to entertain the idea and explore the possibilities that might have happened (or it might indeed have turned out to be too much work) - instead it was shot down as impractical based on 30 seconds of analysis.

Wow, you are dimmer than a black hole. They already stated over and again that staff is far too busy for this. Step away from the computer and stop rubbing the lamp Aladdin.

Please would someone close these threads on day one so I don't get anymore gray hair seeing this daily drivel. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
rmm21 said:
Wow, you are dimmer than a black hole. They already stated over and again that staff is far too busy for this. Step away from the computer and stop rubbing the lamp Aladdin.

Please would someone close these threads on day one so I don't get anymore gray hair seeing this daily drivel. :rolleyes:
And apparently you can't read the part where I say (multiple times) that this would be done in parallel by somebody else. But never mind - it's far better to add your drivel telling folks you don't like drivel. I mean that's really helpful. You also seem to lack the self control of not reading stuff that doesn't interest you.

But apart from all that you get my vote for most intelligent person reading the boards. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm happy to trade pointless insults as long as the other guy goes first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough. The both of you.

Since everybody's questions have been answered and nobody has anything else constructive to say, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back