## Ubuntu Or Windows Os On Gp2x F200 ##

Arsenè

Still Fresh
It\'s possible Ubuntu or windows OS on Gp2X F200 ?
I saw that one with a Mac OS version is already but I would like to know if any one with an operating system Ubuntu KDE or Windows. Where can I find information and any files?
hi

Windows CE, seeing as it runs on ARM processors, might work. Win32 and WinNT won't run. WinPE won't run either.

Ubuntu might be a shot, but it doesn't make any sense to port Ubuntu specifically. One of the things Ubuntu does is good hardware detection, compared to some other distros. Given that we have a single hardware set with the F-200, there's no reason for a distro with good detection. Also, a custom GUI would be better than KDE.

I don't see how any version of the Mac OS would run on an ARM system.

It is true this is MAC OS Basilisk II and it is on this board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1SC_bH8nc

Last edited by a moderator:
It is, but this version of Mac OS is very old, that is why we can emulate the environment it can work in.

JeanLouSchmidt said:
But don't dream, nobody works on it...
That is because there is no work to do. I've compiled OpenEmbedded stuff for the GP2X before and it works as is. However, it's not designed with a game machine in mind.

##no##

##don't even think of it##

##it is a 200mhz system with 64mb of ram, what did you think would happen?##

##why do this? Are you 10 years old?##

##PENOR, LEET H4X0R-4-L1F3 !!!!1!!1!11##

##no##

##don\'t even think of it##

What could happen?

Arsenè said:

##no##

##don\'t even think of it##

What could happen?

Ever heard of a CPU melt-down? Yeah, nasty stuff, you definitely don't want to experiment with that kind of shit..

Your first problem is the arch, you cant install a x86 os into a arm device directly. So you have to use an emulator. In this case bochs is the best one.
So now you have bochs to simulate x86 on a arm, now you are limited by memory and speed. I know for a fact win95 is possible, but it is very very slow.
The only other os options are dosbox where you can run dos, and which in fact can run win 3.1. It runs fairly fast, but i had problems with all the applications actually running.

Really the best choice is to run a lightweight window system compiled for arm. The options I know of are X and utopia?(i think thats what it is called, although i dont think its free).

You really gota run a x86 OS on a portable system look into the asus eee. It a ultra small x86 laptop.

Back