Uae4All Whdload Support

markpeterjameslegg

Still Fresh
I think this is a fantastic idea, but I'm no coder, so whether it's possible or not is a mystery to me, but I thought I'd mention it anyway cos being able to load WHDLoad games in UAE4ALL would make it the perfect Amiga emulator, also I noticed that the emulator slows a lot when simulating floppy read. WinUAE has the ability to use a folder as a hard drive, if this could be done in UAE4ALL, we would be able to use the WHDLoad games instead, making load times 5 times faster and removing the need to disk swap. My question to any coder out there is can it be done?

I realize that WHDLoad games run from a virtual desktop with big colored icons, but let me clarify as this is obviously not possible in the Caanoo environment, what I had in mind when asking this question, was just simply having the games all in their own folders, you select the folder for the game you want to play from the emulator menu (Like you do when selecting an image), then from here booting the game would be automated with the use of WHDLoad, as WHDLoad is actually free to use anyway (but with a few seconds delay to unregistered users, though still way faster).

markymark said:
I think this is a fantastic idea, but I'm no coder, so whether it's possible or not is a mystery to me, but I thought I'd mention it anyway cos being able to load WHDLoad games in UAE4ALL would make it the perfect Amiga emulator, also I noticed that the emulator slows a lot when simulating floppy read. WinUAE has the ability to use a folder as a hard drive, if this could be done in UAE4ALL, we would be able to use the WHDLoad games instead, making load times 5 times faster and removing the need to disk swap. My question to any coder out there is can it be done?

I realize that WHDLoad games run from a virtual desktop with big colored icons, but let me clarify as this is obviously not possible in the Caanoo environment, what I had in mind when asking this question, was just simply having the games all in their own folders, you select the folder for the game you want to play from the emulator menu (Like you do when selecting an image), then from here booting the game would be automated with the use of WHDLoad, as WHDLoad is actually free to use anyway (but with a few seconds delay to unregistered users, though still way faster).

I'm guessing "NO" then. Either that or someone out there is looking into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back