Beta Uae4All Additions

I want to emulate James pond 3 Amiga 3 disk a1200 but can't run why ? kickrom 3.x file

how can i do to resolve it ?

^ You already asked this here. Were the answers you got inaccurate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heya guys! I haven't followed this thread alot (as I've spent my time on the other forum :)), but I see that you talk about savestates here. :) Are savestates still only enabled with the UAE core or is there a version of UAE4ALL with savestates enabled for the FAME/C core?

The reason I'm asking is because the UAE core doesn't cut it for me (most games are not full-speed and/or has jibberish sound/graphics, even @ 750mhz).

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes, savestates work with FAME/C and UAE cores.
(Note that you can't load a savestate on UAE core if it was created on FAME/C core and vice-versa.)

Only Cyclone core has no savestate-support implemented. There's no notable speed difference between FAME/C and Cyclone on Pandora.

john4p said:
Yes, savestates work with FAME/C and UAE cores.
(Note that you can't load a savestate on UAE core if it was created on FAME/C core and vice-versa.)

Only Cyclone core has no savestate-support implemented. There's no notable speed difference between FAME/C and Cyclone on Pandora.

Wow. I wasn't aware of this. Time to pick up my Pandora again then, I guess.. :) Thanks!

Now if only someone could fix the "losing vsync" issue (when you need to enter/exit menu to re-enable vsync) then everything would be perfect!

john4p said:
If no one fixes this until May I'll have another try using notaz' modified SDL.

You know what? I love you! :)

Indeed :) The idea that this emulator may be maintained and updated again is really such a great news!

It is already great, but some minor glitches make it a bit uncomfortable to use: the fact that when you browse menus, you often double click items or skip two entries instead of one, forcing you to be careful when you tap the oversensitive dpad or buttons. Or the fact that vsync is sometimes lost for some reason...

BTW, if one day you need someone to help you beta-testing, feel free to PM me ;)

Thanks anyway for the wonderful work you've already achieved on this emulator, it is one of the most appreciated applications on my Pandora :)

Just to add my thanks as well. A really good emulator updated for the pandora nicely.

Only real gripes are:
- loss of vsync (does my head in when it goes playing Pinball Dreams - causes my eyes to go loopy
- menus - whilst a little confusing you soon get used to them but the reaction time to make sure you don't double select is harder than playing some of the games - things like rom picking

These are minor and this is really great - thanks.

Gotta say thanks as well, of course! UAE4ALL is the only reason I got an OpenPandora (PS1 and N64 doesn't interest me and NES/SNES/C64/Genesis etc. can be emulated on lots of other handhelds).

I really hope the work on UAE4ALL will be continued. Expect donations from me if the vsync bug is fixed. :)

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with the stylus recalibration and Heimdall? I can't seem to get this to work, the stylus doesn't seem to respond when in stylus mode.

Any ideas?

tuki_cat said:
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with the stylus recalibration and Heimdall? I can't seem to get this to work, the stylus doesn't seem to respond when in stylus mode.

Any ideas?

Hmm, I didn't know it was possibly to re-calibrate the styles in UAE4ALL. If it is then I'd be interested in knowing how. :)

PCP said:
tuki_cat said:
Hi guys,

Any ideas?

Hmm, I didn't know it was possibly to re-calibrate the styles in UAE4ALL. If it is then I'd be interested in knowing how. :)

Hi PCP,

At the top of page 22 of this thread is a post by john4p that mentions a touch screen recalibration process. It says how the touch screen can be recalibrated for Dungeon Master. I've tried to use this process but haven't had much success.

Maybe you could give it a go and let me know how you get on? I might be missing something obvious, I think you also have to use the default screen mode (doubled pixels) for it to work.

Anyone else had any luck?

I've worked out how to recalibrate the stylus.

UAE4all needs to be in stylus mode, then touch and hold the stylus against the screen, hold down the r button and the d-pad can be used to move the pointer so it matches with the stylus. It works but with Heimdall after about 30 secs the stylus loses calibration.

I tried it with Lemmings and it worked great.

tuki_cat said:
I've worked out how to recalibrate the stylus.

UAE4all needs to be in stylus mode, then touch and hold the stylus against the screen, hold down the r button and the d-pad can be used to move the pointer so it matches with the stylus. It works but with Heimdall after about 30 secs the stylus loses calibration.

I tried it with Lemmings and it worked great.

All right! nice find :)

I'm afraid there's no way to fix this for Heimdall. And other games that lose calibration. That mousehack used for the stylus input is limited (but should work for the majority of games).

You'll have to play Heimdall with the nub as mouse.

Thanks john4p,

I have created a readme file that will (hopefully!) help new users with UAE4all.

View attachment 542

@EvilDragon is there any chance you could add this to the PND?

tuki_cat said:
Thanks john4p,

I have created a readme file that will (hopefully!) help new users with UAE4all.

View attachment 542

@EvilDragon is there any chance you could add this to the PND?
That IS a nice readme. Could the width of the lines be made appropriate to the Pandora's screen, though? It's wider than 800px currently.

Back