Uae Portrd By Squidqe

garengarch

Website
Visit site

UAE ported :)
Well, I got bored with work stuff and ported UAE to the GP2X. No sound yet, but it happily plays the intro of lemmings. I've not tried other stuff, but will in due course.

Hopefully, I'll be able to borrow a camera again soon and post some more screen shots.

doglush: Thanks for the comment. Fellow is a nice emulator, but last time I looked, it contained over 200KB of intel assembler, which would take a long while to convert to arm assembler or C.

Now, back to the stuff that pays the bills...

Unquote

I wouldn't get too exited over this, since UAE will need a lot of work to be playable on the GP2X. But it is a nice start ;)

But it is cool to see something ported that wasn't available on the GP32 already.

Anyways great work Squidge!

I dunno if he has ported the latest UAE version but he should try to port an older version (0.7.6 for example) because it will be less accurate but still very compatible and a lot faster.

cool maybe a bluetooth mouse can be implemented.... ah, oh yes sorry i forgot.

Ditto - a nice A500 emulator would rock. A lot. Doesn't have to be perfect, as long as most 2D games before around 1993 work (Lemmings, Putty, Cannon Fodder, Syndicate...) the 12-way joypad on the gp2x should make for a very smooth emulated mouse.

execellent news, i mean really fucking good news, when i saw that uae was ported to psp, i was so pissed off, cause i decided long ago to with the gp2x, but this fucking great , cause this means it will only get better. sweet

Julius posted on Oct 1 2005 at 09:20 PM said:
I wouldn't get too exited over this, since UAE will need a lot of work to be playable on the GP2X. But it is a nice start ;)

But it is cool to see something ported that wasn't available on the GP32 already.

Anyways great work Squidge!

Yeah I won't get too exited ...yet. The thing is you have to remember that basic porting is relatively easy and quick. The tough part comes when you try to optimise and tweak to run at decent speeds etc. This is where the hard work and time comes in, honing it to run well on both cores with sound etc. Sounds interesting though, something to keep an eye on to see how far this gets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back