Two Years Today!

sabregolly said:
Who'd have thought it?!?

I sure didn't.
Heck, it was the most turbulent times of my life yet... so many ups, down, scary thoughts, hopes... geez :)

Sure hope normal life returns to me soon :)

Last edited:
Pray that the board manufacturer keeps to their Oct 18th deadline, and the plastics manufacturer stick to any deadline. :p
I don't think you've mentioned whether the nub company has set any deadline, but hope it isn't too much longer: they've been testing those nubs for months.

WizardStan said:
Pray that the board manufacturer keeps to their Oct 18th deadline, and the plastics manufacturer stick to any deadline. :p

Well, we just got the note from them that 1000 boards have been populated and are only missing the manually placed parts (like volume wheel, etc.), so it sure looks they're on the right track :)

I don't think you've mentioned whether the nub company has set any deadline, but hope it isn't too much longer: they've been testing those nubs for months.

Not for months - they just started a few weeks ago as they first had to investigate what's wrong.
They've got no deadline, but we're pushing them.
There's one thing they want to change: Try a higher grade automotive silicone material. This should make the nubs top-notch (and that's great), but they had to order that material and won't get it before the end of next week...
So I'm afraid the boards will be finished before the nubs :/

Still, as we can see, quite a few nubs fail, so this step is really necessary! We don't want you to have units that will fail after a few months.

You all waited so long for them - I'm pretty sure you want to use them longer than a few months! :)

I'm pretty happy that the cases are done and the boards seem to be in-time.

October 17th is my birthday - it would be the best birthday of my life if the boards would be finished by then and the nubs at least ready for mass production and not failing anymore :D

Last edited:
Well, at some point a line has to get drawn .. improvements forever are bad .. theres the asymptope as yo reach perfection :) So if they're fixing things, thats good; if they're _improving_ things, I dunno .. maybe thats a delay tactic, or something; get current plastics working, and forget improving, I say :)

jeff

EvilDragon said:
Well, we just got the note from them that 1000 boards have been populated and are only missing the manually placed parts (like volume wheel, etc.), so it sure looks they're on the right track :)

So, over a month ago (~Aug 26) they told us that they would have the remaining 3000 done by Oct 18. Five weeks later, they've only done 1000. They claim they can do 500 boards a week (clearly not what they've been doing for the past five weeks) but they'll have to do better than that (700 a week) to finish them on time. And that's not even talking about putting on any of the manually placed parts, or the nubs.

EvilDragon said:
Not for months - they just started a few weeks ago as they first had to investigate what's wrong.
There's one thing they want to change: Try a higher grade automotive silicone material. This should make the nubs top-notch (and that's great), but they had to order that material and won't get it before the end of next week...

So the material comes in on the 7th (optimistic), and say (big if) they create them still that week. Testing is several days at least, so say they pass on the 14th. That means they won't be able to *start* mass-production of the nubs until the 18th, and several days for that, plus shipping. Then they still need to be put on the boards. You're not going to see the completed boards (with nubs) in the UK until the end of October. (Of course, all of this is still best case scenarios).

EvilDragon said:
So I'm afraid the boards will be finished before the nubs :/

You all waited so long for them - I'm pretty sure you want to use them longer than a few months! :)

I'm pretty happy that the cases are done and the boards seem to be in-time.

October 17th is my birthday - it would be the best birthday of my life if the boards would be finished by then and the nubs at least ready for mass production and not failing anymore :D

Well, I'm not going to hold my breath just yet.
Speaking of the cases, they should have landed by now, right? Can you confirm this?

Edit: Fix tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
benji_stein said:
EvilDragon said:
So, over a month ago (~Aug 26) they told us that they would have the remaining 3000 done by Oct 18. Five weeks later, they've only done 1000. They claim they can do 500 boards a week (clearly not what they've been doing for the past five weeks) but they'll have to do better than that (700 a week) to finish them on time. And that's not even talking about putting on any of the manually placed parts, or the nubs.

They told us the remaining boards will be done by Oct 18. They never told us they will start RIGHT AWAY in fullspeed with it. They might've had a different job before us, they needed to properly align the machines.
Who knows? 1000 boards is more than they did within the last 4 months - and they did them pretty quickly.

I'm happy if boards finally get produced with a better speed, and that's definately an improvement.
The manually placed parts can be put on the boards while the machines are running and producing more boards.

EvilDragon said:
So the material comes in on the 7th (optimistic), and say (big if) they create them still that week. Testing is several days at least, so say they pass on the 14th. That means they won't be able to *start* mass-production of the nubs until the 18th, and several days for that, plus shipping. Then they still need to be put on the boards. You're not going to see the completed boards (with nubs) in the UK until the end of October. (Of course, all of this is still best case scenarios).

I know. But it won't help. If half of the nubs of 4000 units fail within the next 6 months, the project pretty much is doomed, as I doubt there would be many people who'd buy new units then and we would probably go bust from RMA costs.
This needs to be done very thoroughly.
Even worse: The company will definately not guarantee for the nubs until they are confident of their high quality - and that means: If anything fails, it's our fault and they won't cover any costs.
As soon as they finish their development and approve the quality, they are responsible for any failures - which can save us a lot of money, too.

Well, I'm not going to hold my breath just yet.

Me neither. But for me, each little step is a good step nowadays.

Speaking of the cases, they should have landed by now, right? Can you confirm this?

They've been shipped on Wednesday (which is just a few hours ago), I don't follow the flight neither do I personally have any idea on which plane it went.
That's something Craig would probably know, as he is the guy getting the cases - but I guess they're currently lying around at customs.

Last edited:
ed i must say youre putting us through hell with this. nowadays id rather have a gun to my head than follow this journey. im hoping that one day ill know that a year of f5ing these forums was all worth it

DaMummy said:
ed i must say youre putting us through hell with this. nowadays id rather have a gun to my head than follow this journey. im hoping that one day ill know that a year of f5ing these forums was all worth it

I'm with you in hell, no worries :)

Last edited:
If you're going through hell, don't slow down. You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

WizardStan said:
If you're going through hell, don't slow down. You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

I'm one of the guy who like it cool, so I'm trying to get out of here as fast as possible :)

Last edited:
Xenu said:
Slow but great news! Clear skies ahead and no signs of volcanoes erupting. :)

I am simply flabbergasted that two years after ordering began, anyone greets news of further delays as a good thing. For so long, the cases were the problem, now just as the cases arrive (allegedly), the nubs are the problem.

I wonder what will be the next problem? OPT are SO lucky to have customers still waiting around for this. It really does seem now like we will wait for eternity, we must be crazy in the coconut!

Last edited by a moderator:
What I personally would like to know how many from Craig's ordering list have received their pandora. I still don't understand why they can't give us this info...

What I cannot believe is that the Company manufacturing the Nubs produced such a poor quality product.

How did they allow this to happen?.....and why is it taking so long to resolve?

The situation is unacceptable to OPT and us.

The first batch will not all ship this year - I just cannot see it happening now.

Regarding the queue - surely there is one queue and you get your Pandora based on that regardless of who you ordered through - if not then why?

Patiently waiting but far from happy!!!!!!

fettouhi said:
What I personally would like to know how many from Craig's ordering list have received their pandora. I still don't understand why they can't give us this info...

I have here.

Last edited:
Back