Keep Track Of The Latest Pandora Development!

craigix said:
DynaMight said:
So while we're on it. Whats the current update with the cases?

Nothing, the case situation was over in April. There is nothing more to happen there, we decided to order 7000 last month. 1500 are coming by UPS the rest by boat (4-5 weeks).

The 1500 are due here next week sometime (well, due in to customs!).

Last edited by a moderator:
so qwith the nub proub fixed. you guys think i shoukd just wait and get a fully working pandora? im in the 2nd batch 1st 250 hopefully getting it in october if all goes right ( i know its hopeing for the best but i still want it) and can wait.

mecksg1 said:
so qwith the nub proub fixed. you guys think i shoukd just wait and get a fully working pandora? im in the 2nd batch 1st 250 hopefully getting it in october if all goes right ( i know its hopeing for the best but i still want it) and can wait.
I think waiting is your only option right now, unless more one-nubbers come up. :)

Pretty bloody disgraceful I reckon. Ridiculously poor.

I understand the initiative, you know, it's great that these blokes have tried to put out a device that does what the dev community wants it to do. But taking someone's money and not getting a machine out to them for two years, two years, is beyond disgraceful. It's ****ing disgusting! If you were a recognised company, you'd be torn to shreds making someone wait six months, let alone a couple of bloody YEARS!!

I don't know if you guys perhaps have your wires crossed about how something such as this is supposed to work. If you're going to take the complete payment for 4000 orders off people's hands, you MUST ensure that you're going to get 4000 units out to consumers within a reasonable time frame. A two year delay is so ridiculously outlandish, I can't believe you've foxed the cash off so many people. You may have the technical nous guys, but you have a responsibility to get your ****ing acts together and get this product out to those to handed over their hard earned for it. Get a bit of professionalism about you ffs.

Absolute joke.

emulazione88 said:
Pretty bloody disgraceful I reckon. Ridiculously poor.

I understand the initiative, you know, it's great that these blokes have tried to put out a device that does what the dev community wants it to do. But taking someone's money and not getting a machine out to them for two years, two years, is beyond disgraceful. It's ****ing disgusting! If you were a recognised company, you'd be torn to shreds making someone wait six months, let alone a couple of bloody YEARS!!

I don't know if you guys perhaps have your wires crossed about how something such as this is supposed to work. If you're going to take the complete payment for 4000 orders off people's hands, you MUST ensure that you're going to get 4000 units out to consumers within a reasonable time frame. A two year delay is so ridiculously outlandish, I can't believe you've foxed the cash off so many people. You may have the technical nous guys, but you have a responsibility to get your ****ing acts together and get this product out to those to handed over their hard earned for it. Get a bit of professionalism about you ffs.

Absolute joke.
I guess that means you're volunteering to go and speed up board/nub production yourself then?

All I'm saying is, this thing has been handled like an absolute circus and if you're one of the people who handed your money over, you should be demanding a hell of a lot more from this mob. It's not good enough.

emulazione88 said:
All I'm saying is, this thing has been handled like an absolute circus and if you're one of the people who handed your money over, you should be demanding a hell of a lot more from this mob. It's not good enough.
And how are they supposed to accede to these "demands?" If I had known more than OPT, I would have told them exactly what to do a couple of years ago. I didn't and don't, so I can't exactly complain. In any event, most of the delays have resulted from having to wait for manufacturers for whom they were a low-priority customer - not something that's as easily-fixable as you like to imply.

That's really not anyone's problem but theirs mate. You take someone's money, you take on the responsibility that comes with it. Your whole argument there smacks of the unprofessionalism that this whole thing seems to be operating on. It doesn't matter "how" they're supposed to meet what are, quite bloody clearly, baseline, inherent expectations a customer has. What matters is that they need to those demands, and if they can't, they've no business asking for anyone's cash up front.

emulazione88 said:
That's really not anyone's problem but theirs mate. You take someone's money, you take on the responsibility that comes with it. Your whole argument there smacks of the unprofessionalism that this whole thing seems to be operating on. It doesn't matter "how" they're supposed to meet what are, quite bloody clearly, baseline, inherent expectations a customer has. What matters is that they need to those demands, and if they can't, they've no business asking for anyone's cash up front.
Do you think your comments are something no one here has ever heard or thought about before? Maybe if you'd spent the last two years here, you'd understand why we're waiting and what this project is about. You talk about expectations, but clearly, your expectations are not ours - stop acting as though this deserves criticism.

Really couldn't give a stuff about your expectations mate, stick them. But clearly someone handing money over two years ago and not receiving their goods deserves criticism. Certainly deterred me from buying one, and I know of a few others who're opting to cut their losses. Shame, because it looks like it'd be a sensational device.

A portion of you, the open source enthusiasts who are backing the project and waiting patiently for it to come to fruition, of course you're inclined to have different expectations. But the SECOND that thing is put up for sale (demanding the money up front no less), consumers such as I come along to buy it with the expectations of a standard consumer. And once the money changes hands, that level of responsibility is taken on by the group the money has gone to. Unconditionally. That's how business works. As soon as pre orders began to be accepted, this thing became bigger than the open source community. The mentality you're displaying here is that this isn't the case. I sure hope that's not how the people actually producing the thing are thinking.

At least they have honoured all refund requests. Most people are obviously willing to wait and have realistic expectations on their ability to deliver a product eventually. Not an ideal situation, especially now that they have basically milked this community for everything it was worth and the project leader wont even post here anymore.

If it wasnt for this forum, they would be unknown to the majority of the people who ordered. There is no way in the world over 4000 people would pre-order and pay upfront for something that would take over two years to deliver from a bunch of webshop owners and an electronics wiz.

I will think twice before pre-ordering anything from them ever again, but I am willing to wait for my god damn pandora at least for two more months.

But the SECOND that thing is put up for sale (demanding the money up front no less), consumers such as I come along to buy it with the expectations of a standard consumer. And once the money changes hands, that level of responsibility is taken on by the group the money has gone to. Unconditionally. That's how business works. As soon as pre orders began to be accepted, this thing became bigger than the open source community. The mentality you're displaying here is that this isn't the case. I sure hope that's not how the people actually producing the thing are thinking.
I don't think you do understand how business works.
The payments we made were for a Pandora. There was no deadline in that contract.
OpenPandora never promised they would have the product ready for a specific date, so they have no responsibility to deliver by one.
If you have some expectations which are outside the contract, that's your problem, not theirs.

This was the pre-order if you wait a bit you can probably just order it from the shelf. Two completly different things. And OPT did deliver and that is already more than most small projects.

Gruso said:
People have a right to be fed up, but it's usually the people that have ordered one. :blink:
Often followed up by "but I don't want a refund, I just want my Pandora yesterday!"
I think that's the joke he mentioned: people ranting and raving about missed deadlines and legal requirements but unwilling to accede that there's something they personally can do to rectify the situation, ie, get a refund.
OPT has taken money for a product and for that has but a single legal requirement: delivery of product or refund of monies. Since they don't have product yet, if you're calling this contract, then their only course of action is refund, which they have given in the past with no fuss. Except I think 2 people who got lost in the emails, I think I recall, but it was all straightened out eventually.

The problem I have is that (at least the last couple times I checked) I couldn't get a full refund due to exchange rate differences. I hope I love it and keep it but I might have to sell it when I get it to get my money back...

Back