Tv Out

nigelibrown

Website
www.nigelibrown.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Ok after a lot of messing with upgrades I finaly managed to get a B/W image on TV. (now colour) There were problems including composite levels that fooled me for a while. But below is a link to an image taken moments ago.

This is a realy quick hack, no case on connector, first cpacitor I could find. Lead was closest to hand etc..

The next product from Toyz4Boyz will be a breakout box that will support 2xUSB, Serial, TV out, Audio out(not sure why this was patched through ext when you have headphone socket ?) 5v Power 3.3v Power

http://www.toyz4boyz.co.uk/gp2x/hardware/e...ages/GP2xTV.jpg

I love my GP2X, but why should one feel the desire to watch a movie on tv via GP2X? I am not excited about this tv out function, even if it will be possible to play games on tv, I mean the GP2X is a great handheld. If I want to play emulators on the big screen I use my computer which is much more powerful than the GP2x.

chaos engineer posted on Dec 23 2005 at 11:33 AM said:
I love my GP2X, but why should one feel the desire to watch a movie on tv via GP2X? I am not excited about this tv out function, even if it will be possible to play games on tv, I mean the GP2X is a great handheld. If I want to play emulators on the big screen I use my computer which is much more powerful than the GP2x.

Everything is just matter of personal preferences. For me playing SNES / NES / Genesis or whatever else is much more fun on BIG screen tv than on my 17" monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
hando posted on Dec 23 2005 at 12:41 PM said:
chaos engineer posted on Dec 23 2005 at 11:33 AM said:

Everything is just matter of personal preferences. For me playing SNES / NES / Genesis or whatever else is much more fun on BIG screen tv than on my 17" monitor.

O.k. maybe I think like this because I do not have a big screen tv at home. And a second reason could be that I have got a laptop with tv out which I never used.

For me the why is easy: I have an XBox and XBMC. Most of my friends don't. Being able to watch DivX video at my mates house is a big plus.

This cable... it has no audio links? nor s-video? Mmmm.
JBB

jbb posted on Dec 23 2005 at 12:47 PM said:
This cable... it has no audio links? nor s-video? Mmmm.
JBB

Its actually a home made cable by the look of it. I think the actual official cable is s-video based.

Does that breakout box feature list mean you can get sound out of the ext port? I've not looked at the pinouts etc, but that would be handy for me because I'd like to use TV out but my GP is currently in its 'no headphone socket' configuration! :p

chaos engineer posted on Dec 23 2005 at 07:33 AM said:

now that I think about it. it's true.

I got a high end PC with component output to my crappy 32" SDTV so it kinda is pointless to have output from the gp2x to the tv

yeah but you wont be taking your computer everythwer with you...

Back