Turn around time for RMA's?

Twiitcher

My RMA'd Pandy was received on the 15th of December 2010 by OP Ltd. Still no word of a return ship date, is this normal or did I get lost in the shuffle?

I already emailed OP and Debs replied on 1/10/11 that it hasn't been lost and I will be informed when it is shipping. I also PM'd Craig, no answer there.

Silence since then.. slightly concerned..52 days from Op receiving my Pandy and still waiting....

Twiitcher

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that as well as your Pandy, they're also dealing with building more units as quickly as possible, and fixing 100 or so other RMA Pandoras.

Keep in mind that as well as your Pandy, they're also dealing with building more units as quickly as possible, and fixing 100 or so other RMA Pandoras.

Keeping that in mind, but 52 days?.......the question remains.. is this a typical time for RMA's to be processed...?

Twiitcher

Keeping that in mind, but 52 days?.......the question remains.. is this a typical time for RMA's to be processed...?

Twiitcher
Im not sure whats happening with your RMA, but from my own experience my RMA was returned within a week which happened in jan. Maybe be best to send another e-mail just to check, but be patient waiting for a response.

I have no experience with this myself, so I suggest you ask Prometheus, who had two RMAs back in the days of Nub Failure.

(Can I also say that 'Nub Death' does not have the same ring to it as the N64's 'Floppy Stick Syndrome'. kthanxbai.)

2 Months was the turnaround on my RMA. Unfortunately this new Pandy is going to have to RMA too :( Trying to get as many things done as I can before I do though!

It depends, i'm waiting for my fourth pandora. They don't actually repair them emidiatly they will send you a new one. And as we know with the new pandora's there is always a bit of wait until they are available. When I send a unit back I always ask jacquelyn when would be the best time to send my broken pandora, then I send it, and most of the time I get it back in 1 to 1,5 months. (that includes shipping from and to the netherlands)

It depends, i'm waiting for my fourth pandora. They don't actually repair them emidiatly they will send you a new one. And as we know with the new pandora's there is always a bit of wait until they are available. When I send a unit back I always ask jacquelyn when would be the best time to send my broken pandora, then I send it, and most of the time I get it back in 1 to 1,5 months. (that includes shipping from and to the netherlands)
4th?!? Wow, at what point do you say you want your money back?

Has anyone else sent int their Pandora more than two times? That is a horrible track record there.

Has anyone else sent int their Pandora more than two times? That is a horrible track record there.

Haha it's way to cool to ever want money instead of the pandora, i can't play wesnoth on 350 dollar bills.

(my first had a defect volume wheel, the second defective nubs, the third a broken lcd cable) Nubs and LCD are now fixed so I hope this will be my last one.

Haha it's way to cool to ever want money instead of the pandora, i can't play wesnoth on 350 dollar bills.

(my first had a defect volume wheel, the second defective nubs, the third a broken lcd cable) Nubs and LCD are now fixed so I hope this will be my last one.
Very very good point, I guess if it was me I wouldn't ask for money either.

I sent mine back a couple of weeks ago but I'm not worried about it at the moment. I will say this though. Once you've had a Pandora in your hands the wait for a replacement is way harder than the wait to get your first unit LOL

I have no experience with this myself, so I suggest you ask Prometheus, who had two RMAs back in the days of Nub Failure.
I can't really help much, as I'm UK-based and replacement units were readily available both times. Accordingly, the turnaround for me was about three or four days, from sending to receiving. :p

(Can I also say that 'Nub Death' does not have the same ring to it as the N64's 'Floppy Stick Syndrome'. kthanxbai.)
It's "Lethal Nub-death", for extra redundancy. :D

I sent mine back a couple of weeks ago but I'm not worried about it at the moment. I will say this though. Once you've had a Pandora in your hands the wait for a replacement is way harder than the wait to get your first unit LOL
This... I hate being without my Pandiewandie...

Alright, mine arrived to the repair shop on January 10th, 2011. I was told at that point by Deb, that my unit had arrived, and I would receive an email to let me know when the new one had shipped out. A few days later, Jackie told me the same, and said hopefully it wouldn't take 30 days to return(she was commenting on a note I wrote to her), but she is cutting it very close! :lol:

I then wrote again on the 24th for an update, as that was then the 2 week mark. Jackie then replied on the 25th, and told me that they where very busy and my new console should ship within the next 7-10days.

Today is the 10th day from that email, and since Craig was out of commision for a few days(I'm guessing they are a few days behind). I will email them again on monday Feb 7th, if I have not heard anything. Hopefully it will be shipping any day now. I plan to move at the end of the month, and I don't want my unit missing inbetween homes.

For those of you who shipped in december, you should have been on the top of the return list, but there is a lot of units in need of repair/replacement. You also have new units going out to, so hopefully the repairs can start going out a little faster very soon. I will post an update once I have one.

Chris

Still waiting ... <evil grin>

Edit - Clarity: waiting for some word from someone official, not more speculation by the community.

Twiitcher

Back