True Or False Questions...

S1mm4

Still Fresh
Peace, I was reading an Article on wikipedia about the Upcoming consoles/portables, in case you wonder how I found this wonderful website...

I read the rules and don't think these questions are against them

okay I'll start:

1. Will video Games companies like Konami, Insomniac, Capcom etc work and develop video games for this great console ?
and if not or that is up to these companies then would you contact them to develop ?

2. Will this console allows us to program in C++ "Plugins" for the in-game ?

3. will "Hex Editors", "Debuggers".. etc be already built in ?

4. if these debuggers are included, can we run the game/program from the debugger (in case we want to use cheats like
infinite health etc..)

5. when we run these games (hombrews), will they open in a new window or full screen ?
or we can switch from full screen into a normal window, and vise versa.

6. I read that python does not need compiling just run and play/use the program, what if someone does not want to reveal
the source code, will there be a compiler ?

I think there are more questions, So thank you so much for this great console, it helps the developers/hackers do
a lot of works, and no more need for companies monopolisms

1. Probably not, though some smaller companies have expressed interest
  2. What?
  3. You can download them, but they will work
  4. I don't think it works that way anymore
  5. Depends on the game
  6. Python can compile into python bytecode which is run by the interpreter

S1mm4 said:
1. Will video Games companies like Konami, Insomniac, Capcom etc work and develop video games for this great console ?
and if not or that is up to these companies then would you contact them to develop ?
No and no. Those companies don't have any interest in the console, because it isn't used by enough people to make it worthwhile to make games for it.

S1mm4 said:
The creator of a game has to decide that. You can't decide that "Yeah, all games have to support C++ plugins"; it's up to every developer to decide if they want to support that.

S1mm4 said:
You will have access to every program you could possibly dream of, more or less. There will be gdb debuggers, IDE's, hex editors, hexdumpers, whatever you want.

S1mm4 said:
4. if these debuggers are included, can we run the game/program from the debugger (in case we want to use cheats like
infinite health etc..)
You can run all programs from a debugger, but just because you run a program from a debugger doesn't mean that you can use cheats. What makes you think that?

S1mm4 said:
5. when we run these games (hombrews), will they open in a new window or full screen ?
Again, there is no "law" that forces developers to choose one or the other. Some will use windows, some will use full screen rendering targets.

S1mm4 said:
6. I read that python does not need compiling just run and play/use the program, what if someone does not want to reveal
There are no real Python compilers that obfuscate code out there, so no. If you want to hide your code, use C++ or Java or some other language (The Pandora supports very many programming languages!)

Last edited by a moderator:
No But they could if they wanted to.

Not sure but I would think so? Basically the pandora is a linux computer. So if you can do it on your computer you can do it on the pandora (in most cases)

I don't think so, but you can always download them. This is running linux so if it's available for linux it's available for the pandora (in most cases)

infinite health etc..)
Same answer as above (But if your talking about emulators. Most emulators support using cheat codes)

It's up to you...

I'm pretty sure you compile everything you want to run on the pandora. Now if it's a python SCRIPT you probably don't need to compile it. (Not sure here as I've got little/no experience with python programming)

Hope that helps...

A follow up to #1: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/46818-commercial-games/page__p__703383&#entry703383
craigix said:
After reading thought the Gizmondo liquidation details I was surprised to see just how cheap they obtained some of their game ports for the console. Of course having those games didn't save the system in any way but...

If we could throw some money at having a commercial game or two ported over which ones would they be and why?

Which do you think would get the Pandora the most attention or the most sales?

Or is the money better spent elsewhere?

Gizmondo had EA games like SSX 3 and FIFA 2005. See the rest of that thread for more speculation.

S1mm4 said:

if you have $250,000 to $500,000 on hand go right ahead and contact them they'll be more than happy to develop a game for you.

if that's too expensive, Pivotal Blur Entertainment Inc. is ready to make you a deal, starting for around $2500 negotiable we can make you a pacman-quality game, we're talking about the type of arcade game from the 1980s.

price goes up according to man-hours required.

The Software Situation is basicaly that of a Pc, rather than that of a Wii/Ds/PsP/PS/Xbox.
So Pan-Games in General are more likely to work like Pc-Games (Toggleable Fullscreen/Window-Mode, Advanced Settings, twinkering with config Files etc.), rather than the Put-in-Disc-and-Play,-and-that-is-all-you-can-do approach of the Big Consoles.
The Term Console refers here more to the fixed-Hardware and Handheld Gaming Machine Form-factor.

Or Short:
In Terms of Software capabilities think 'Laptop' instead of 'PSP' or 'DS'

S1mm4 said:
So Can we call it Portable Linux ?

No, it's more like regular Linux.
Here's a clarification:

The hardware device is called the Pandora.
The OS kernel is called Linux.
The total OS is called Angstrom Linux.
The CPU architecture is called ARM.

The whole thing is a Pandora running Angstrom Linux on an ARM CPU.

There is nothing especially portable about its OS, but it is compiled for ARM instead of x86.

Back