Trouble With Mr. Anderson's Skin

joeeoh

When I loaded Mr. Andersen's Pulsar 2.0 skin on my GP2X I noticed when I tried to play an MP3 I got 1 second of the MP3 then it switched to the menu I resolved this by applying the default back on then everything worked (note this also happened to the game mode and that's it)

Does n e 1 have an explaination

very confused,

Joeeoh

P.S. GP2x also seems to eat batteries *snaps fingers* just like that does that happen to n e 1 else? I'm considerind to buy a rechargable pair <_<

the new firmware update has supposedly fixed the rapid battery consumption.

no no the rapid battery consumption is still there, they just turned off the low led battery light completely to save on some MA's. I believe there may still be a small power leak out the tv out mode still... not sure about that one. There is still a very large draw, you just need to buy some good batteries. Rechargable preferably. Alkalines just don't hold the steady current very well. .

hmmm... i don't know if the problem you're having is a product of the skin... i wouldn't think that inputting a few .png files would make the functionality of the unit any better or worse (unless they were interface problems). but i might get people pissed at me for this one.... try these batteries/charger:

I know, energizer...

they seem to have the same capability of the ansmann people are raving about, and the charger doesn't cost an ungodly amount.

That's what I use except it's a 30 minute charger. I'm currently using the 2050mah that came with the charger but just bought some 2500mah off ebay. Currently only getting about 2-3 hrs. of video.

one question i have that doesn't seem to be answered on any of the online stores is if it will charge batteries larger than 2050mah. or if there's some sort of auto-off when the batteries have been charged. if they get over-charged that is a huge problem, the batteries only last a few months if that's the case.

The Energizer one I have will shut off after the batteries have been charged and it supports higher mah battery as long as it's the Energizer brand. But it might take a little longer to charge higher mah batteries.

they seem to have the same capability of the ansmann people are raving about, and the charger doesn't cost an ungodly amount.

the batteries you listed aren't photo batteries, though (the one from ansmann are photo batteries)

In this thread raven had this to say about the various Ansmann batteries ...

raven posted on Dec 1 2005 at 05:47 AM said:
So are Digital just renamed PHoto batteries?
I couldn't find any Ansmann Photo batteries anywhere, only 2600 Digital so I mailed Ansmann. In their reply they say that the Photo, Digital and the regular 2600 (2600 without any other specifications) are identical just labeled differently for marketing purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they meant that they name there "2600 Digital"-batteries "digital" despite the fact that they are photo batteries. Photo batteries are technical different from the normal batteries you normally buy. (ED explained it very good somewhere..)

With high-capacity batteries, especially 2600mAh, you will need to charge batteries twice in some chargers. In others, especially ones made by the same company who made the batteries, you only need to charge once.

joeeoh posted on Dec 2 2005 at 05:44 PM said:
When I loaded Mr. Andersen's Pulsar 2.0 skin on my GP2X I noticed when I tried to play an MP3 I got 1 second of the MP3 then it switched to the menu I resolved this by applying the default back on then everything worked (note this also happened to the game mode and that's it)

Does n e 1 have an explaination

Well umm that is not supposed to happen :lol: - but I guess that the batteries are the problem, as usual when the gp runs low on power and does funny things...

however how does the skin look on your gp2x? I still couldn't test it on the actual machine and I am sure the colors of the backgrounds will look odd :(

edit: it's pulsar 0.1 it would be great if it was 1.0 cause I plan to make that the final release some day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back