Trouble Playing Neogeo Roms Via Fba2X

Crazyteknohed

I'm having a spot of bother trying to get Neo ROMs to work under FBA2X. I've stuck neogeo.zip (FBA version) along with some (FBA Pro) Neo ROMs in the ROM folder but I'm having no joy. I also tried a couple of random Neo games off ROM sites but to no avail. Even though they show up on the list in yellow, suggesting they should work, the loading screen flashes up for a second and then the emulator returns to the game list.

I tried searching these forums and other parts of t'internet but I can't seem to find any solution to my problem.

Having the same kind of issues. I've tried GnNeo and put them in the rom folder that came with the emulator, didn't work, now i've tried FBA2X and still nothing. How do you get NeoGeo to work? I leave the files zipped.

Right, I've got them running under FBA2X now.

You need the neogeo.zip that's designed for the PC version of FBA along with the FBA romset. Plonk the neogeo.zip in the ROMs folder of FBA2X along with zipped versions of only small NeoGeo games such as Samurai Shodown 2, Neo Turfmasters etc. To play games such as Blazing Star and Garou: MotW you will need to convert the .zip files to .fba files using a program called fbacache which is available from the usual archive.

Took me ages to figure all this out as I had read conflicting statements saying that you did need to convert ROMs and also that you didn't, and I'm not too clued up on all this ROMset business so I didn't even know whether I had the correct ROMs to begin with.

Hmmm, larger ROMs seem to run like sh*t as the emulator needs to rip GFX from the SD card on the fly. I wonder, would it be any better if I used the internal storage memory?

Tried GnGeo but f*ck me, it's way too technical for me to get running. Tried looking for a torrent (naughty, I know) but it doesn't have any seeds :(

C'mon people, surely one of you has managed to get decent Neo emulation on your Wiz? Ask a dumb question like why is there no DS emulator and you get a slew of responses, ask a valid question and nobody gives a toss!

Back