Fba2X Lockup Issue With Mmatrix & Sfa3

shikoku88henro

Still Fresh
Hi Guys,

Just got my wiz yesterday so far lots of work to get it working but worth it. Right now trying to get FBA2X to work with Mars Matrix and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Problem is either I try and load the rom on the wiz and let it cache itself and it locks up consistently on the mmx.14m rom file for Mars Matrix or I try and use fbacache.exe to make the .FBA file and it says all the pieces are not found. I have used romcenter and all the roms validate.

I have tried dl-ing the rom from about 6 different places and no go. I got super puzzle fighter 2 working so its not like I am completely useless.

I never tried them in FBA2X but you could try another emulator.

I play Mars Matrix in the CPS2 Emu found here. While I have never tried SFA3, I'm told it works well on this emulator too but you have to use the Japanese rom-set which was titled Street Fighter Zero 3.

Add a +1 to the failboat column. Having to cache the games for CPS2Emu tool is a PoS. It is picky, won't take roms and just a pain. Said screw it

Mars Matrix works just fine for me---and it looks fantastic on the Wiz's screen. I had to use the cache tool to create a fba file, but after that it was perfect. So, it's your ROM. My rom is called mmatrix.zip and inside the zip there are 14 files: mmx.01, mmx.11m - mmx.20m, mmxu.03 - mmxu.05. Are you sure you have the parent ROM?

Optimistic said:
Mars Matrix works just fine for me---and it looks fantastic on the Wiz's screen. I had to use the cache tool to create a fba file, but after that it was perfect. So, it's your ROM. My rom is called mmatrix.zip and inside the zip there are 14 files: mmx.01, mmx.11m - mmx.20m, mmxu.03 - mmxu.05. Are you sure you have the parent ROM?

Yeah I just redownloaded mmatrix.zip and it has 14 files with those names yet when I run FBACache it claims not found on every piece despite them all being in the zip archive.

Edit:
GOD DAMN IT!!!! I got it to work, I didn't have the rom inside a folder called roms. I just realized by reading the cmd line prompts it is trying to go into /roms/*.zip to dump the game. RAGE!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
shikoku88henro said:
Edit:
GOD DAMN IT!!!! I got it to work, I didn't have the rom inside a folder called roms. I just realized by reading the cmd line prompts it is trying to go into /roms/*.zip to dump the game. RAGE!!!!!

Yea, reading the instructions is normally a good idea :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back