Fba2X And .fba Files

geise69

I have recently been running FBA2X for the wiz to run all the NeoGeo games. The problem I'm having and I'm sure it's for everyone is that huge .fba games like 90+ meg ones for KOF2003 and Metal Slug 3 run slow as ass. I tried it off of my SD card and NAND. What I want to know is if others are having the same issue. I have a feeling it's just how the emu is reading the .fba files. Overclocking makes no difference in performance, so it's not a frameskip issue I don't think. If anyone is having the run fine please let me know. Thanks.

Use GnGeo for NeoGeo games. I have posted a thread on how to get all the metal slug series to run.

Yes, I should have mentioned that before. I use GnGeo and have no problem with the games working in GnGeo. I have all the games working as well as they would in that emulator. However I can underclock a lot more for all the games in FBA2X, plus it will usually go back to the game list menu and not to the Wiz menu screen as in GnGeo. I just want to know if all those 90 meg .fba files run choppy for everyone else. Thanks for the reply.

If you press select in GnGeo (in the games selection screen) you will be taken to the configuration window where you can set CPU frequency and make the program go back to the menu after exiting the game. I tried Metal Slug 2 in FBA2X and it was slow as hell. You can also use Win2X to set CPU frequencies for different apps.

Mr.TwisT said:
If you press select in GnGeo (in the games selection screen) you will be taken to the configuration window where you can set CPU frequency and make the program go back to the menu after exiting the game. I tried Metal Slug 2 in FBA2X and it was slow as hell. You can also use Win2X to set CPU frequencies for different apps.
Well I do use Win2x and that is how I'm over and underclocking GnGeo. Does your Rage2x actually have it adjustable in the program itself? Mine does not. The only way for me to change the cpu frequency is just with Win2x. I do have Rage2x at least going back to the menu and not the Win2x menu. It's just annoying that the only way to change the frequency is to exit and change it in Win2x. It's just one more reason I use FBA2x. I think I'll use FBA2X for the smaller games and Raster ones, and just use GnGeo for all the larger dumped games. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back