Translation help needed for Zelda Solarus DX

Patch applied, thanks.

AleX_XelA has finished the translation, and now the dialogs need a full verification before any release.

EDIT: I have updated the credits at the end of the game, but I'm not sure I have added all people who contributed to the English translation, please check.
Last edited by a moderator:
Truthfully, it's hard to really know since in the beginning, etherpad/google docs didn't record who was working on things. I think you got the ones who did the larger pieces, though. My thanks to everyone who spent time helping this come together!
Hm..I'm getting segfaults after selecting the language. Doing some debugging led me to get this as the point of failure.

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

0x0005b3ac in VideoManager::blit_scale2x(Surface*, Surface*) ()

EDIT:hm...seems this is known already in that sebt3 posted a work around on the comments on the repo. Hopefully it gets resolved.

EDIT2: In just my time playtesting this before the first dungeon, I've found more issues. The first is not all yes/no selections are lined up(the yes has no next to it and no has nothing.) along with the French text still shows through in places(I'll have to check what cave/house it was I found it in.).
Last edited by a moderator:
I have just released the English translation! Here is the download page on the development blog:

AleX_XelA and Rypervenche have made an amazing work. Thanks!

To check dialogs before the release, I played the whole game and fixed a few remaining issues. And I think it looks okay now.

And today I also made the payment for my Pandora, I should receive it within two weeks :) Can't wait!
Thanks. How can I get the source code of the Pandora-specific changes that you made on the engine?
Wasn't sure when I'd see another build with the fixes for text and crashing when not french, so I decided to see how a vanilla build would work. Works well enough to play through, but could use some optimizations still. At least it seems the glitches found before are gone in this engine build.


EDIT:hm..there is a weird glitch only on the pandora where walking into some walls doesn't do the push animation, but randomly strafes you against the wall.

EDIT2:I think I did it, woohoo! The problem wasn't in the code(was suspecting when it ran fine on the desktop.), but in the compile flags. I removed a bunch, but I'm pretty sure the culprit was ffast_math. Link should be updated now.

EDIT3:Seems I've come across this issue now:

EDIT4: Christopho's fix for my last issue works, but it seems to have brought back wall strafing. Still looking into.
Last edited by a moderator:
Downloaded both xd and dx versions.  Both versions crash right back to minimenu.  I have an original cc pandora running superzaxxon 1.54
Heres the first one.  Sorry for the delay.

PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu/zsdx.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/zsdx
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
EXENAME         : scripts/
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/zsdx"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/zsdx=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/zsdx=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/zsdx"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Set CPU speed ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Set CPU speed ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/  ) ----------
/usr/pandora/scripts/ line 522:  5740 Segmentation fault      "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( scripts/  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/zsdx': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Long time no see!


There is a new versions of Solarus (1.1), Zelda Mystery of Solarus DX (1.7) and XD (1.7). See for the changes.


I compiled Solarus, tested and improved the engine on my own Pandora in 400x240, it now works great except remaining minor performance issues. I fixed a lot of problems that did not appear on faster configurations.


I also tried to create PND files myself based on previous work of sebt3, but I'm not sure they are perfect:

Here they are: