Transfers... Tranzfers..

Maybe I missed something, but if not being able to ship the product within 30 days when paid via CC is still a problem for the OpenPandora team, why were CC pre-orders still taken (or is googlecheckout an exception to this rule?)? I'm just wondering what would happen 30 days after the re-pre-order date for those that used CC through googlecheckout (for example, I re-pre-ordered on the 6th, and I don't think anybody is expecting the Pandora to start shipping within the next 3 weeks).

For myself, as well as others, I believe providing a link to a how-to on TRANZFERS would be a good idea, at least somewhere in this thread.

Has anyone used this?

Firstly, it's not secure at all - should anything go wrong, you'll not get your money back like you would with a direct credit card payment to GBAX. You can't chargeback either - you paid Tranzfers, not GBAX.

Secondly, on looking through the FAQ, it looks like they don't accept money from credit cards, just bank accounts.

Looks like a non-starter for me, at least. Sorry, not doing this one - get the pandoras made and then allow credit cards properly.

D.

I`m confused. I order off Amazon; i give them my Debit Card details; when stock is available they ship the item and then take the monies from my card. I pre-ordered the Pandora, giving my Debit card details, why can`t you follow the Amazon system, if the monies are already there to create the stock? I already have an order number, I can cancel when i want and you have my bank card details. So where`s the problem? Or have i missed something.

I'm not affected by the CC stuff, but I'll throw in my thoughts. I think the reason Craig asks is that they still need some transfers because of the 40% CC orders limit.
Selling a CD for 250€ and shipping the Pandora later on for free is bullshit. This would be more black than grey and just another potential risk leading to a frozen account IMO

ALL OF THIS IS ASSUMPTION.

You need money to make Pandora Units. Which is probably why they need us to pay now, instead of later. to finish the remaining units to be created. I've heard 2000, but I assume its much less than that.

Chip said they had money to produce 2000. Than awhile later ED said they paid for all of the LCDs in full ---> Meaning all 4000 LCDs.

If all the money were in 1 pot and they could only afford 2000 to begin with and purchased 4000 LCDs up front, that means that took money from *complete* Pandas.

The other problem is, the people that paid by bank transfer would techinically have to get their Panda LAST. Because they paid by "cash" and CC orders can only be honored by real product.

So they used the extra "cash" from the people who paid by bank transfer to get more parts, but still need more money to finish the order. They can't take CC until they have something to sell. So the CC people would have to get theirs within 30 days.

On top of that, only 40% of the orders can be CC.

I think it would help us all very much if we knew the real TRUTH truth, instead of assuming from past statements and dwelling. We are now half-way through January. Looking at the Roadmap we are at the very end of the stretch. Possibly another 1 1/2 month before the Pandora is ready to ship. Fill us in. We have all been with you this far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought the credit card orders where going to be done close to when the Pandora was ready to ship for this reason? Can't you just wait till it is ready to ship before taking anymore orders by credit card? Shouldn't that solve the problem? It's not like anyone will get there Pandoras any later if they paid last thing?

edit: Hope this doesn't mean that those of us that have reordered again by credit card are gonna have to get refunded again coz you've missed the shipping date :( Please tell me this isn't gonna happen?? We really need some hard facts here guys. Have you got enough money to cover production with those of us that have reordered or used bank transfers? Getting a little nervous now :(

I think a picture of a completed Pandora is needed here or some hard facts!

I was lucky enough to be able to reorder thru google checkout, however a good point was brought up about the time limit on pre-ordered items. Does google have a 30 day limit? If so what is the plan because I'll be hard pressed to order a 3rd time. I kno this is hardly the fault of the team, however i agree that some clearing-up is much needed.

So, uh...

what do those of us in the United States do?

From the Tranzfers FAQ:
Currently you can send funds between the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Canada and funds to South Africa.

just a note. I want teh P and I am getting really angry when i read:

"I back out because i had payed with CC and reorder when the P is ready, BUT I KEEP MY POSITION IN THE QUEUE!"

or stuff like: "The bank transfers have to get their P LAST, nevermind their place in the queue!"

WTF?

If you don't have the trust to do a bank transfer then back out and lose your place in the queue. Isn't that simple? All the weeks and months my money wasn't on my bank account I have lost _interest_ (if that is the correct word for the money I would have gotten from tha bank :) )

So, if you can't do bank transfers or if it is to expensive for you THEN YOU CAN'T DO PREORDER, and because of having no risk (anymore) you lose your place in line.

sorry for the rant!

The idea for shipping a CD separate to the Pandora increases the teams cost and is legally dodgy.

Is Craig just testing the mood of the community rather than seriously proposing the CD as a way forward?

DANGER ASSUMPTIONS

If the team had enough funds for 2000 Pandoras themselves (as mentioned earlier in this thread) then they received additional money form successful CC orders and bank transfers. They should be able to get production started. I think ED said they were going to manufacture in batches of 400. Which might allow away around the CC problem as product would then be shipped, community is relieved, re-orders and new orders can go ahead.

I feel the frustration too, but there is nothing to do now but wait.

Creature XL said:
just a note. I want teh P and I am getting really angry when i read:

"I back out because i had payed with CC and reorder when the P is ready, BUT I KEEP MY POSITION IN THE QUEUE!"

or stuff like: "The bank transfers have to get their P LAST, nevermind their place in the queue!"

WTF?

If you don't have the trust to do a bank transfer then back out and lose your place in the queue. Isn't that simple? All the weeks and months my money wasn't on my bank account I have lost _interest_ (if that is the correct word for the money I would have gotten from tha bank :) )

So, if you can't do bank transfers or if it is to expensive for you THEN YOU CAN'T DO PREORDER, and because of having no risk (anymore) you lose your place in line.
sorry for the rant!

I don't think people care that much anymore about their spot in the queue. The only thing preordering does at this late moment in time is ensure that you get a pandora.

Can somebody explain how HSBC can take the AMEX money, not pass it on to Open Pandora nor refund it to the customers?

This is theft plain and simple.

I won't be happy if they are not sued over this.

I'm still waiting to pay via CC. I'm not sure what the solution is.

I think it would be good if any of the people asking for us to trust them with money sent directly to them with no guarantee of a product or security provided by a CC order. could come on and give us ALL of the information.

I understand that its a community project and we need to trust them etc etc but that goes both ways! they need to show their trust in the community by giving us all of the info if they expect us to trust them and send them what amounts to for some people a lot of money with no guarentee of any actual product yet.

I think they are 100% genuine in this and are doing their best but neither of those things unfortunately guarentee a Pandora turning up at my door.

finisterre said:
Can somebody explain how HSBC can take the AMEX money, not pass it on to Open Pandora nor refund it to the customers?

This is theft plain and simple.

I won't be happy if they are not sued over this.

I'm still waiting to pay via CC. I'm not sure what the solution is.
They're "investigating" possibly fraudulent activity, no doubt. There is no set length that such investigations can take, at least not in either the US or Canada. In Canada, when asked, a bank has to give a timeframe for the investigation and stick to it, but they could easily say "3 years" and there'd be nothing you can do. I only recently learned that bit, and I know even less about UK law.

paying all that money for a data cd would be just as insecure as bank transfer if the Pandora isn't also being mentioned in the CC order- which is exactly what is causing the problem.

Mithrildor said:
I hope they favor the ones who were willing to pay by bank transfer by sending them the first pandora's.
What I posted up top, I meant that people who pay by CC have to have the product shipped to them within 30 days. Because the people who paid by bank transfer can wait til the end of time to get their Pandora, it *may* (please understand this is a VERY BIG *MAY*) force openPandora to send Panda's to CC orders FIRST because they have to get it within 30 days.

It's not because they want to and everyone knows it WOULDN'T be fair, but it *might* have to be this way.

Unless OpenPandora ltd. has all the money NOW to buy every last Pandora part and fully assemble it by themselves, I don't see how they will get around that.

Back