Top 20 Games For Each System

hey

CoMiKe said:
This page could be useful for those not-so-known titles:

http://www.racketboy.com/guide/hidden-gems

Thanks for mentioning this website, it really does seem to pick up on the gems :), so saves ya alot of time googling all the cool games people mention here.

Anyhows I advise everyone not to go buy or download all these games at once, I find it can very much overwhelm and kinda spoil you, that is I think you kinda lose appreciation of the games.

Well it's just that I found this was so when I used to get lots of roms many years ago now, and earlier this year (or maybe it was last year) I got a real NES, and I started with only a couple of games I really liked, one being Battle of Olympus that I completed and thought was really cool, I had played it when was little but never completed. Anyhows I think soon after I went and bought a bulk of NES games and cause I got so many (I think about 14 games) that I never sat down with just one game and seem to have lost interest.

So anyhows I might look to pick up one of those games mentioned on that website every now and again, and just play one at a time.

Anyhows I would recommend Metroid 2: Return of Samus and Zelda: Links Awakening for the original gameboy, Double Dragon 2 and Burai Fighter on the NES, Starwing and Doom on the SNES, Zelda: Majora's Mask and WaveRace64 on the N64. There are so many I could recommend, these are just my choices for now, I might change my mind in the next hour, and these are all based on what I've played.

Hmm, I guess I should mention Super Metroid (SNES), Doom 64 (N64), and I probably don't even need to mention Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark, well the list goes on.

edit
One game in particular I found on that website is The Firemen / Ignition Factor (SNES), I think I remember playing this game once with a friend where we rented it from the video store, and I remember it was pretty cool. Another game I think I remember playing that was pretty cool is Equinox (SNES), might have to track these down some day.

and another edit, decided to remove my last edit, hehe.

cyas

Last edited by a moderator:
yosh64 said:
Anyhows I advise everyone not to go buy or download all these games at once, I find it can very much o
Anyhows I would recommend Metroid 2: Return of Samus and Zelda: Links Awakening for the original gameboy, Double Dragon 2 and Burai Fighter on the NES, Starwing and Doom on the SNES, Zelda: Majora's Mask and WaveRace64 on the N64. There are so many I could recommend, these are just my choices for now, I might change my mind in the next hour, and these are all based on what I've played.
Wasn't Doom on the SNES heavily cut down. Without blood..?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Top 10+2 Spectrum games (in no particular order)

Batman the caped crusader
Rebel
Anarchy
All the Dizzy games
Atic Atac
Switchblade
Jetpac
Bumpy
Gun Smoke
Head the Ball
Turmoil
Rommel's Revenge (Basically a better version of Battlezone)

Trooper

some c64 games which weren't mentioned:

delta
sanxion
voidrunner
zoids
ultima series
microprose sims were great at their time, but simulators don't age well, try airborne ranger
space rogue
lords of midnight
commando
wizard of wor
hattrick (requires two players to be fun though)
alter ego
koronis rift
laser squad
blue max
goldbox ad&d games

there's plenty more, I've been itching to try various ssi and pss strategy games again

Back