To Help With The Waiting Of Key Parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryG20

People are always waiting impatiently/eagerly for the latest part to be shipped from Craig to Ed or Ed to Craig, or Craig to MWeston, or whatever before news can be posted. And people are always wondering has XXX gotten YYY yet so we can get the news post (pictures, videos, whatever it may be)? Why not just post the tracking info for these parts and people can see for themselves? Or if that is too revealing of sensitive addresses, why not just post what the *SCHEDULED* or *ESTIMATED* delivery date is according to the courier?

While they're at it, the whole team should hook up webcams in every room so we can track what they're doing at any moment. Also, a list of their bank accounts so we can track when purchases are made. Latitude and longitude would be nice as well so we can use orbital satellites to track their movements.

This is borderline insane. Or maybe way past the border. Whatever it is, it's really sad.

JerryG20 said:
People are always waiting impatiently/eagerly for the latest part to be shipped from Craig to Ed or Ed to Craig, or Craig to MWeston, or whatever before news can be posted. And people are always wondering has XXX gotten YYY yet so we can get the news post (pictures, videos, whatever it may be)? Why not just post the tracking info for these parts and people can see for themselves? Or if that is too revealing of sensitive addresses, why not just post what the *SCHEDULED* or *ESTIMATED* delivery date is according to the courier?
I'm not positive, but I get the feeling that posting that sort of thing would be worse than no information. I've noticed that my impatience for deliveries has greatly increased since I got the ability to track orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
hedwards said:
JerryG20 said:
I'm not positive, but I get the feeling that posting that sort of thing would be worse than no information. I've noticed that my impatience for deliveries has greatly increased since I got the ability to track orders.

I agree, JerryG20 can't you find something else to do with your life then ask and then if given watch an order as it goes from check point A to B?

Then I know if you were given a tracking number, you would make a couple hundred posts asking when they are going to make the first incision in the package, remove the first packing peanut, insert an SD card into a camera and then start it up, edit the video, upload the video and then post it on youtube, copying the link, and adding it to the blog post, then that dramatic click to publish and the anticipation of those crucial bytes flying down the wire from Craig or MWeston's place, down thousands of miles of cable down into the nearest router, into your browser and the delay of the video on your monitor until it finally hits your eyeballs enters your brain, and your brain interprets that you've read this post for far too long and need to break away from your dark cave and do something outside.

I think I may now hold the world record for the longest run-on sentence evar. :pandora1:

PoisonedV said:
i think you guys just described twitter.com
What am I doing right now:

11:30 PM - Package arrives, waits to find lost X-Acto blade to open Pandora's Box.

While obviously some of the stuff mentioned in this thread is insane, the original idea behind the first post was ok. People are eager for news and when there isn't any they get nervous and start creating a tons of identical threads (ie. The bank trouble and rebate worries).

I'm not sure if there is any real way to fix that, as the Pandora team has been pretty open so far. The only thing I can think of is perhaps more frequent updates on the official blog instead of having to piece together bits of information from all the boards. Don't get me wrong, the Big List of Official Dev Team Updates has been a godsend, but it seems like most of the information has only come when someone asks a question like what happened to... or what's going on with... I guess instead of having a "big" update from the dev team every once in a while it would be nice to have more frequent, smaller updates. Btw, everything I just said above is nitpicky, as what the team has done so far in terms of communication is amazing. I plan on ordering one of the 200 - 300 extra batch 1 Pandoras if I get the chance.

CandidStan said:
I agree, JerryG20 can't you find something else to do with your life then ask and then if given watch an order as it goes from check point A to B?

Then I know if you were given a tracking number, you would make a couple hundred posts asking when they are going to make the first incision in the package, remove the first packing peanut, insert an SD card into a camera and then start it up, edit the video, upload the video and then post it on youtube, copying the link, and adding it to the blog post, then that dramatic click to publish and the anticipation of those crucial bytes flying down the wire from Craig or MWeston's place, down thousands of miles of cable down into the nearest router, into your browser and the delay of the video on your monitor until it finally hits your eyeballs enters your brain, and your brain interprets that you've read this post for far too long and need to break away from your dark cave and do something outside.

I think I may now hold the world record for the longest run-on sentence evar. :pandora1:
I think the most sarcasm hits the boards around 1:30 (In EST anyway). It's pretty hilarious, like the package thread that got cleaned up by Chip in the morning with real information. :lol:

PoisonedV: I think twitter would be kinda good for a project like this - don't make fun of it. A short update each day would be good and keep us up to date

Tracking the packets is probably stupid tho, I guess its not the packet itself which is taking time. Its probably more like the process of manufacturing it which takes time (which can not be tracked or have an estimated time until its done).

Since Craigx posted that the keypad was delayed, I did post up a question as to whether the keypad(s) had arrived by Friday evening. Hoping to get the assembled photos this weekend (Dec 13/14).
No response, so I guess no package.
However, that's about the extent of my queries.
The tracking number thing is a tad over the top IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back