To Everyone Who At This Time Preordered One

I hate you all..

Ok.. I don't hate you. I was going to preorder one but bills at the time did not allow me the funds for a pandora to be preordered so congratulations to everyone who was able to get one.

I hate you all... <_< :lol:

yeah, good luck with getting into the second batch. I didn't procrastinate, but I guess you didn't have the means to get it accomplished :( .

If you don't mind paying almost double, you could probably get one off ebay once they start shipping. just don't use palpal :)

novaslogic said:
I hate you all..

Ok.. I don't hate you. I was going to preorder one but bills at the time did not allow me the funds for a pandora to be preordered so congratulations to everyone who was able to get one.

I hate you all... <_< :lol:
Could be worse though, with the way they sold a second batch is definitely going to be available. I'm sure that as those of us that did pre-order get ours and talk about them that they'll probably be enough for a fairly healthy second batch.

I'm not really sure what would have happened if they hadn't sold at least 3k of them in the first batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
All these people that didn't make it to the pre-order because of lack of immediate funds.... why didn't you put some money aside? I actually sold three days of holiday back to work to get the money, not that I was going to use the holiday time as I was leaving and there was less time to go than the actual holiday time I had left to use muhahahaha

lol, I didn't quite expect such a response. Infact I excepted this to be moved to the LOL section for some reason.. I'm not bitter, I had the money but unfortunately my car is my life and I needed to get the tires replaced and the alignment fixed so as you can guess priorities in life... I'll get one from the next batch, don't you worry.

I will have to take you on in CSS though, that sounds good

heh, thats why I posted the link. For those who play to join my server.

If it makes you feel better, I haven't had a reply to my request to change the shipping address, so I may not get mine!

novaslogic said:
lol, I didn't quite expect such a response. Infact I excepted this to be moved to the LOL section for some reason.. I'm not bitter, I had the money but unfortunately my car is my life and I needed to get the tires replaced and the alignment fixed so as you can guess priorities in life... I'll get one from the next batch, don't you worry.

I really didn't have the money.

FYI you can align your car on a piece of flat ground with a couple wrenches, and my last set of tires cost $40 at the local salvage yard, they were even mounted and inflated on their own rims :) :).

I don't foresee having the money for the next batch either :(, but I figure that the software will be much more robust whenever I do have money :)

I am really glad they sold out, it means the install base and availability of units goes up a lot. Also that the development cost was covered and the business can continue as well.

nubie said:
novaslogic said:

I really didn't have the money.

FYI you can align your car on a piece of flat ground with a couple wrenches, and my last set of tires cost $40 at the local salvage yard, they were even mounted and inflated on their own rims :) :).

I don't foresee having the money for the next batch either :(, but I figure that the software will be much more robust whenever I do have money :)

I am really glad they sold out, it means the install base and availability of units goes up a lot. Also that the development cost was covered and the business can continue as well.

Thats a very good point. Also any problems with the device that may have not arised preproduction will be fixed post production. I really want one of these babys for school. It be nice to have so I don't have to use my schools slow pcs anymore.

liquidphantom said:
All these people that didn't make it to the pre-order because of lack of immediate funds.... why didn't you put some money aside? I actually sold three days of holiday back to work to get the money, not that I was going to use the holiday time as I was leaving and there was less time to go than the actual holiday time I had left to use muhahahaha
Uhh...some people have college to pay for, and car insurance, and phone bills, and gasoline, and rent, and all the other wonderful crap that goes with being a college student making $7 and some cents an hour...and who don't have rich parents who spoon feed them everything they could possibly want...

You can't just "put some money aside" if it's not there to begin with...

My arcade machines on ebay this week and if it sells I'll have at least £200 set aside for ordering in the second batch (fingers crossed as I'm out of work). I would have liked to show my support to the dev team by buying one of the first batch though and would have loved all the bug testing that comes with it, but it just wasn't meant to be.

I do agree that by the time the second batch comes around the software will be more mature and people will be more sure about paying out for a Pandora, but I would have still liked one of the first batch :(

Cbass182 said:
liquidphantom said:
Uhh...some people have college to pay for, and car insurance, and phone bills, and gasoline, and rent, and all the other wonderful crap that goes with being a college student making $7 and some cents an hour...and who don't have rich parents who spoon feed them everything they could possibly want...

You can't just "put some money aside" if it's not there to begin with...

Definitely feel your pain on that one bro.

I will be a second-batcher. If I had the money I would have been a first but money doesn't grow on trees.

Off-topic: I thought the pictures of the Pandora were suppose to be up on the 8th so where are they?

i just basically made a killing off of designing websites and writing programs for people that couldn't do it themselves (i got ideas from people in this forum cause i didn't know what to do since i'm only 15).
i managed to raise $750 in a month and i bought a pandora, and extra battery, 32gb card, dev fund, video output for like 500.
probably the only reason i could do this is because apart from playing basketball and my social life, i really didn't have much to do because US high school is an absolute joke.

Ashwin said:
i just basically made a killing off of designing websites and writing programs for people that couldn't do it themselves (i got ideas from people in this forum cause i didn't know what to do since i'm only 15).
i managed to raise $750 in a month and i bought a pandora, and extra battery, 32gb card, dev fund, video output for like 500.
probably the only reason i could do this is because apart from playing basketball and my social life, i really didn't have much to do because US high school is an absolute joke.
You managed to do ALL that while appearing on tv Ashwin on X-Factor

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

if it makes you feel any better i had to sell my methadone dose every other day for 2 weeks to get the money to preorder

Back