Time To Make A Box?

We are obviously not average consumers, as we are buying a product that wont even hit the main market for who knows how long, and not in local stores.

mali said:
I'm still all for plain Fedex plus potato stamped logo :)
+1 for the potato stamp! It won't really raise the cost, but will give a nice "indie" feel to it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as opening the box doesn't bring about the end of the world, I'm cool with plain. I wouldn't even waste time putting a sticker on it or anything. I won't even have to feel bad about throwing the box away after I open it. I still actually have my GP2X box even though it serves absolutely no purpose except to take up space. I'm pretty sure my warranty has expired by now. :)

Frogboy said:
.. I won't even have to feel bad about throwing the box away after I open it. I still actually have my GP2X box even though it serves absolutely no purpose except to take up space. I'm pretty sure my warranty has expired by now. :)
Same here + less chance of it going missing in the post, if it's in an unmarked box :angry:

Eolair said:
White looks ok :D

pandorabox3.jpg
+1

-God Ginrai

If it comes in a pretty box I'll be inclined to keep it for god knows what reason and then several years from now I'll be cleaning my pile of stuff and going "ugh, why did I ever want to keep that? I haven't looked at it once!".

So, brown box is fine by me, then I can toss it guilt-free. :p

Plain for gods sake and as minimal as decent protection will allow.

Surely the idea should never be to ape the annoying and wasteful elements of big commercial projects.

For me please a cheap plain cardbox. No sticker, nothing.
Like this it doesn't "dissapear" during it's trip to me, saves costs and it's the content not the package i am intressted in.

For personal reasons, I'd at least like some kind of distinguishing marks on my box.
My roommate once got something. In a box. Plain, totally nondescript box. I'm wishing I didn't know what was in it.
Thank you.

WizardStan said:
For personal reasons, I'd at least like some kind of distinguishing marks on my box.
My roommate once got something. In a box. Plain, totally nondescript box. I'm wishing I didn't know what was in it.
Thank you.
LOL...Bow chicka bow wow :p :D

I'm alright with a plain box. As long as it's designed to hold a pandora, I don't care what it comes in.

You don't need to market to those who already purchased and received it. If you have any marketing budget at all, you should focus it on those who might buy it, or are undecided, or are curious, or of the right demographic.

I've got this inkjet sticker paper I got at a local store, so here's my plan:

Ship it in a cheap standard brown cardboard box.
I'll put my own stickers on it.

Then I'll open the box and play with the Pandora.

i want this box :p

Made with stainless steel so it wont get damaged.
Ok maybe it will be hard to get the pandora out of the case...

pandorabu6.jpg

Plain boxes are fine for us, but we might want to send a slightly better box (enhanced version?) to reviewers (Engadget/Gizmodo/Slashdot/etc.) so that if they do unboxing photos (likely), they won't be unboxing a plain fedex box.

Back