Time To Make Some Money

mc2 said:
Nailz said:
you telling everyone else they should be paying extra
Not a problem if there is a good reason, such as cost of parts and labour and/or risk.

Nailz said:
while you had exactly ZERO intentions of doing so yourself.
Irrelevant argument. I will let someone else pick the fallacy being made here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies Appeal to motive, maybe?

Nailz said:
before you call me out on it, I have also purchased ALL the extras and gave to the dev fund.
Also irrelevant.

Nailz said:
I just didn't have stones to tell everyone else to put more money out when I don't have any intention of doing so.
Also irrelevant.

Nailz said:
And you got your business degree from where exactly to be telling Craig and company how they should be running the next round?
Is that what you are implying or saying by arguing against a price increase?

Wow... you're truly an idiot. An "irrelevant" one at that, let me guess, you were the star of the debate team at your "special" school. What kind of a jackass references Wikipedia for an online argument?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nailz said:
mc2 said:
Nailz said:
you telling everyone else they should be paying extra
Not a problem if there is a good reason, such as cost of parts and labour and/or risk.

Nailz said:
while you had exactly ZERO intentions of doing so yourself.
Irrelevant argument. I will let someone else pick the fallacy being made here: http://en.wikipedia....st_of_fallacies Appeal to motive, maybe?

Nailz said:
before you call me out on it, I have also purchased ALL the extras and gave to the dev fund.
Also irrelevant.

Nailz said:
I just didn't have stones to tell everyone else to put more money out when I don't have any intention of doing so.
Also irrelevant.

Nailz said:
And you got your business degree from where exactly to be telling Craig and company how they should be running the next round?
Is that what you are implying or saying by arguing against a price increase?

Wow... you're truly an idiot. An "irrelevant" one at that, let me guess, you were the star of the debate team at your "special" school. What kind of a jackass references Wikipedia for an online argument?

Brilliant, top off an argument of, "Warez ur degree to tell craig how to fuck luz0rs?", with a fit of name calling worthy of a twelve year old forced to go to bed early, well played sir, you were most assuredly a real welcome addition to your own debating team.

Nailz said:
LOL!!!! Holy crap, you really are something aren't you? This is EXACTLY why I posted in the first place... Guys like you telling everyone else they should be paying extra, while you had exactly ZERO intentions of doing so yourself. Congratulations on being incredibly lame... Oh, and before you call me out on it, I have also purchased ALL the extras and gave to the dev fund. I just didn't have stones to tell everyone else to put more money out when I don't have any intention of doing so.

Heh...
I paid exactly what the price of a first batch pandora was. If it would have costed $400 I do believe I would have thought it would be worth it and paid that. But it didn't. Offcourse I hade no intention of paying more at that time. But since you're asuming so much about me and my morals, perhaps I can asume that you are someone that is incapable of having simple conversation without calling people lame and idiots. Try putting some smilies next time when you say something and you'll look less like a jerk :)

craigix said:
I'm not a fan of donations, so if you want to throw more money to the Pandora project you can buy my iPhone game which I'm releasing in a few days.

I feel the same way, so that's a good start. Though logo t-shirts, branded SD cards and marked up screen protectors might be a better match? ;) Let those who want to, express tribalism by giving you money.

Kicker said:
I feel the same way, so that's a good start. Though logo t-shirts, branded SD cards and marked up screen protectors might be a better match? ;) Let those who want to, express tribalism by giving you money.
"Tribalism" or not, one can never have enough shirts! :lol: I'd love a long-sleeved one, myself - it's so hard to find good ones, in my experience. :p

Sphinxter said:
Brilliant, top off an argument of, "Warez ur degree to tell craig how to fuck luz0rs?", with a fit of name calling worthy of a twelve year old forced to go to bed early, well played sir, you were most assuredly a real welcome addition to your own debating team.

Nice, clearly you and the OP didn't get the irony I was trying to point out in my original post and him proving it with his follow up... But good call coming in at the end and piling on when it doesn't matter anymore.

Xenu said:
Nailz said:
LOL!!!! Holy crap, you really are something aren't you? This is EXACTLY why I posted in the first place... Guys like you telling everyone else they should be paying extra, while you had exactly ZERO intentions of doing so yourself. Congratulations on being incredibly lame... Oh, and before you call me out on it, I have also purchased ALL the extras and gave to the dev fund. I just didn't have stones to tell everyone else to put more money out when I don't have any intention of doing so.

Heh...
I paid exactly what the price of a first batch pandora was. If it would have costed $400 I do believe I would have thought it would be worth it and paid that. But it didn't. Offcourse I hade no intention of paying more at that time. But since you're asuming so much about me and my morals, perhaps I can asume that you are someone that is incapable of having simple conversation without calling people lame and idiots. Try putting some smilies next time when you say something and you'll look less like a jerk :)

You must be really simple to not get what you did in the first place... Calling for people to pay more, and yet not being interested in doing it yourself.

I can have a simple conversation if you like, but not sure you would really get that either.

And I didn't put the smilies out, because I truly meant that you were an idiot... :) :rolleyes: :p As for looking like a jerk, don't really care much at this point, I'll let the blind devoted jump to your rescue, hopefully they are all writing imaginary checks along with you.

Xenu said:
:)
All I'm trying to say is that we've got the pandoras cheap. If you count all the unpaid hours the team has put into the pandora and they still lost money from the whole deal. And now the OP-team will raise the price by $19? You think I have a masochistic disposition?

Its a catch 22, if they sell them at a cheap price they might get many more orders. Start selling it higher and you might get less.

Think the price seems about right

Xenu said:
I think it's time for OP-team to make some money out of this. Increase the price from $330 to $349 wont make much difference. Why not double that increase to $369 or $379 for all the hard unpaid work you do? Or if you don't like money ;) why not increase the price and hire a code monkey to polish the software since that seems to be a disapointment with many users. If people knew that some of the money went directly to a software developer I think that they would be willing to pay $369 or $379 - I know I would.

Are you crazy ? For me it is big money , and as French if i could preorder one for the first batch it was 230 euros , now with the new prize writting by Evildragon it will be 349 USD so for me 290 euros and i think without VAT .... more will be too expensive for me .

For me i do my best to promote Pandora in french gamers community making some preorders. So ok for price writting by Evildragon but not more .

Now why not doing some collectors Pandora luxuries with high price ?

Edit : @fusion_power good idea gold pandora on ebay ^^

Back