Release TilEm 2.0

apersonthinks

I have compiled the latest version of tilem for the pandora using PanDebian and turned it into a pnd. TilEm can emulate all z80 texas instruments calculators. The tiemu package on the repo also has tilem but it is extremely out of date and doesn't work with newer roms. I have not included TiEmu (the 68k calculator emulator) with this pnd because the PanDebian version wont recognize the usb_debug symbol in libticables when placed in the pnd and the version in tiemu.pnd from the repo segfaults on the 3.2 kernel (i have checked it does work on the 2.6.X kernel). The PND does however come with a skin editor for TiEmu/TilEm. PND: tilem.pnd

Attachments

• tilem.pnd
    2.9 MB · Views: 130
Good software but is there a way to get the display/skin rotated so that it fills the whole screen of the Pandora ?

Here when using a skin it appears VERY small on the Pandora screen, in the current layout.

There is currently no way of rotating it. You can disable the skin and change the screen size to your liking as a temporary solution and check /mnt/utmp/tilem/share/tilem2/keybindings.ini to reference which buttons do what

TilEm now includes a working TiEmu that does not segfault on the latest kernel or have the usb_debug issue (hooray). This adds support to 68k calculators such as the ti89,ti92 and voyage200. I have found two major things that will not work in TiEmu. Firstly, TiEmu does not use standard SDL scancodes or keycodes. They instead used the Microsoft virtual keycodes which do not seem to be standard among linux distros. Because of this, the arrow keys on the pandora do not work as the arrow keys on the emulator. Secondly, the skin refuses to show up. I have tried the --with-pic and --with-libjpeg flags but they just wont show up. I have attached the source if anyone wants to try to figure it out. Make sure to use --disable-gdb and --without-kde when running the configure script. Also, these 4 libraries must be compiled as well: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/374/37479.html

PND: tilem.pnd

Source: tiemu-pandora.tar.gz

Attachments

• tilem.pnd
    6.1 MB · Views: 134
  • tiemu-pandora.tar.gz
    6.5 MB · Views: 117

I suppose is still impossible to rotate the skin, right ?

Yep, but you could map keys to commonly used buttons and just disable the skin. Also, I've found for the best sound support set the kHz to 70-75. It has the least garbage noise for some reason.

Sounds like you're trying to run it from thunar. You have to run it from the menu or with the pnd_run command. If that doesnt work try redownloading it

so someone needs to make a skin that is rotated 90 degress basically?

Actually, that could work.... the screen would still be horizontal but the skin and buttons could be rotated so its easier to use.

TilEm now includes a working TiEmu that does not segfault on the latest kernel or have the usb_debug issue (hooray). This adds support to 68k calculators such as the ti89,ti92 and voyage200. I have found two major things that will not work in TiEmu. Firstly, TiEmu does not use standard SDL scancodes or keycodes. They instead used the Microsoft virtual keycodes which do not seem to be standard among linux distros. Because of this, the arrow keys on the pandora do not work as the arrow keys on the emulator. Secondly, the skin refuses to show up. I have tried the --with-pic and --with-libjpeg flags but they just wont show up. I have attached the source if anyone wants to try to figure it out. Make sure to use --disable-gdb and --without-kde when running the configure script. Also, these 4 libraries must be compiled as well: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/374/37479.html

PND:
attachicon.gif
tilem.pnd

Source:
attachicon.gif
tiemu-pandora.tar.gz
This would seem to give more than a ray of hope on the key mapping issue...

Sorry, ignore the above - my bad!!

The actual scan codes used are listed in pckeys.h. Isn't it t is just a case of substituting the appropriate Pandora scan codes in pckeys.h and then re-compiling? (starting @ line 209)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll may well have a go at this in the next couple of weeks. If anybody wants to have a go in the meantime, I suspect editing pckeys.h (in src/gui/calc), & changing lines 209-212 to the following:

#define PCKEY_LEFT 0xe9

#define PCKEY_UP 0xe7

#define PCKEY_RIGHT 0xea

#define PCKEY_DOWN 0xec

will map the Pandoras 'arrow keys' correctly to control the editing line of the calculator. I haven't checked through the rest of that file to see if those codes are already assigned, so it would be good idea to do that before just going for it!!!

Regarding the non appearance of the skins, I find it curious that skinedit cannot load the skins either (whether loaded from the pnd, or from other storage). This leads me to suspect that there is another/different compile option that needs to be used (skinedit and tiemu are not reporting they cannot  find a library, just that they can't open the skin file). Was this version cross compiled - or compiled natively? In my deep, dim, distant memory, I do remember issues with jpeg/jpg and tiemu..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange, the skins show up in skinedit for me. Don't know the cause... but I have found how to get the keycodes from keys so I'm remapping them now.

I just found that as well!!

xmodmap -pke will show the decimal values of the keys - just convert them to hex and off you go !

Back