GP32 Three ports/remakes for GP32

Compyfox

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Three games I'd love to see on the GP32 are:

Archon Ultra (Strategic):
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1785
(or a graphical better remake of Archon 2 from C64)

Hi-Octane (SciFi Racer):
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2899

Interplay's BATTLE CHESS:
no source, but think of chess with medival figures killing themselves on the chessboard. XD

Because of a port from "Doom", which was basicly a DOS game that only needed 33MHz-66MHz, those games should also run on a GP32. Besides... I'm curious if it isn't just possible to simply rename EXE files, or just adding some code that it's possible to let those old games play on a GP32. ;)

Anyways... if these were good suggestions and someone wants to work on those games, big thanks from my side. =)

cheers

Oh... I have more like "Tempest 2000" with a mp3 player (for music) for example, or Pitfall (PC, which is the same on SNES afaik), Price of Persia (both 1 and 2), Flashback (because no Amiga Emu is existing, and Flashback even ran on a 33Mhz DOS engine), Sim City 2000, Transarctica (well... not so important though), Test Drive 2, the UFO/X-COM Series.

All good games that gave us hours of fun. Just to name a few from the PC reign. Other hardware is a way other thing.

But unfortunately ports/remakes take a lot of time. Just thought because FXE resembles a lot to EXE and even the OS looks like a modified DOS/OS2, I thought easy portation is possible. ;)

Perhaps someone hears our preys. hehe.

Haven't played "Flashback" on SNES that much, so I can't resemble it with the PC or Amiga version. That's why I thought of such a port. If it's exactly the same game without limitations, I guess we can tag of at least that game. For now, hehe. (unless someone really ports it) =)

So.... what about a "PC Game Loader" instead? <_<

Something like "yo, here's a DOS version or something, now load!". I mean... wasn't the GP32 programmed on a PC basis? There're so many programers out there who made great emulators or tools for the GP32. It's just an idea, but perhaps this is a good start.

So.... what about a "PC Game Loader" instead? <_<

Something like "yo, here's a DOS version or something, now load!". I mean... wasn't the GP32 programmed on a PC basis? There're so many programers out there who made great emulators or tools for the GP32. It's just an idea, but perhaps this is a good start.
Do a forum search for 'DOS emulator' or some such. This subject has been covered many times.

I'm not sure how similiar the gp32's design is to a traditional PC's but I would wager it's somewhere between 'not much' and 'bugger all'. at least the file system is similiar... isn't it?

A DOS EMU would be ultracool tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did and I found two treads relating that topic. Okay... so there's "DOSBOX" or "BOCHS", both open source (even I know those two, but didn't test them for my PC so far). Isn't that a good start? I mean... if the code was properly written, then even a GP32 with 8MB Ram can emulate a DX2-66 or even a P75-P90 which can handle most of those old DOS games.

I guess it's only a matter of time until even that barrier is broken. And I'm really looking forward to it. ;)

Back