Space Crusade

ConraDargo

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I would just like to request a port for Space Crusade by Gremlin and Games Workshop, because:

* The game offers a lot of variety and many neat features
* It supports hot-seat multiplayer for up to three people on the same GP2X.
* Warhammer 40.000 is a very popular universe especially nowadays when everyone's so fired up about Dawn of War by Relic Entertainment.
* You can't possibly go wrong with a game that's been rated 8.70 out of 10 by more than 300 people @ The Underdogs and even has the "Top Dog" stamp.

Background information
Space Crusade is a tactical turn-based wargame based on the Warhammer 40.000 universe by Games Workshop. A ship carrying high-ranking marines has been hijacked by aliens and it’s up to you as a Commander of 4 veteran marines to save the day.

There are 12 missions to undertake and while this may seem a bit meagre, I can assure you that they’re enough to keep you busy for weeks; the missions aren’t exactly for wussies, not even the first one. Count on playing the same mission again and again, not necessarily because you and all your men was KIA while trying to overcome the aliens - but because everything you do is being monitored by the mothership. Lost two marines while on a mission? Not a big deal, but you could’ve done better and brought everyone back home alive. Managed to kill every single alien on board? That’s great. Were you given a secondary mission and managed to deal with it as well before returning home? That’s outstanding.
And this is an important part of the game because the better you perform, the quicker you’ll advance through ranks and the higher rank - the more equipment will you be granted to take with you on your missions.

Speaking of equipment, while there aren’t tons of stuff to choose from when preparing your squad for their next mission, the items that are available really makes a difference on the “battlefield”. Take the Blind Grenade for example: using this item will force the aliens to skip their next turn, and it doesn’t matter where on the map they are - they’re all blinded by the grenade. A truly powerful item, especially when combined with Fire! or Move It! - two valuable items, that aren’t exactly items but more like orders from your Commander as he drives and inspires his marines to perform better; the first will let them fire their weapons twice and the second to move twice during their turn.

Because let’s not forget that Space Crusade is turn-based and in one turn, each and every member of your squad may only fire or engage in hand-to-hand combat once. They may also use one item, scan for aliens once and move a number of squares (depending on whether they’re wielding heavy or light weapons) once.

It feels as if I’ve said too much already and yet still only scratched the surface of this tactical wargame. After all, I haven’t mentioned anything about the three "chapters" (teams) available and what distinguishes them from one another, the game’s multiplayer capabilities (cooperative or competitive play? You decide), touched any of the weapons or even how exactly you battle the aliens - what combat system Space Crusade utilizes... But hey, if you’re all eager to know more because of what I have told you here then that leaves me quite satisfied, because I only meant to interest you with this post - not give you a full review or anything like that.

Thank you for your time.

Well, post a link to the source code and I'm sure someone can give it a try.

Erm, you DO have a link to the source code don't you? I'm sure you wouldn't have requested a port if you didn't have the source code somewhere.

Pinned: PORTS REQUIRE SOURCE CODE
Pinned: Ports
If you'd like a game ported to the GP2X,
Pinned: Require
make sure it either has full source-code
Pinned: Source
available, or a clone of the game exists
Pinned: Code
which has full source-code available.

Is this in any way even remotely unclear? Maybe we need javascript popups for new posts in this forum, with reversed buttons so always-click-yes people wont get through.

Whoa I can't believe I didn't spot those sticky threads! You shouldn't have more than one though (the top one), the other ones were just confusing and I have to admit that it took me some time to understand the meaning of them.

Sorry everyone! But hey, we all do mistakes now don't we :) Please feel free to lock or delete this thread.

Back