Those Mk2 Replacement Screens...

zektor

I have been looking for these for awhile. Way back when I ordered the MK2 unit, I was able to order the screen covers as well. These are the hard plastic covers that originally came not installed on the GP2X when ordered. WHERE can I find these now? GP2X Store says they will never get them again, and I can't seem to find the TWO I ordered as spares back then. Needless to say, I have an F100 MK2 that would love a scratch free screen again. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks.

Around the time of the release of FW 3.0 the stores ran out. The F200 which doesn't need a screen cover was, I guess, the final nail in the coffin for those screen covers.

If you find out where to get one, please let me know, I'm in the same boat :(.

Blah said:
Around the time of the release of FW 3.0 the stores ran out. The F200 which doesn't need a screen cover was, I guess, the final nail in the coffin for those screen covers.

If you find out where to get one, please let me know, I'm in the same boat :(.
I have an F200 and have been wondering what to do the day a big scratch appear on its display. Doesn't the screen cover fit the F200 or doesn't the touch screen work with screen cover on? anyone know if there are replacement screens available for the F200?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your F200 screen gets scratched, you're basically fucked.

Only thing you could do is try to buy a new touch sensor (the touch sensor is clear and it goes over the actual LCD), good luck finding that. Or if you're really obsessed with the scratch you could remove the touch sensor (but then the screen won't be touch sensitive, and the next scratch you get would be on the actual LCD, which would be even harder and more expensive to find and replace).

Aki said:
Screen protectors anyone? I had them on my DS lite and didn't notice any sensitivity loss in the touchscreen. just buy a generic 4" screen protector from ledshoppe.com for example if they still have it (For F200)

http://ledshoppe.com/Product/ts/sp1006.htm

4" ??? I bought a 3.5" one, and that was still a few mm too big :-(

simonb said:
Aki said:
Screen protectors anyone? I had them on my DS lite and didn't notice any sensitivity loss in the touchscreen. just buy a generic 4" screen protector from ledshoppe.com for example if they still have it (For F200)

http://ledshoppe.com/Product/ts/sp1006.htm

4" ??? I bought a 3.5" one, and that was still a few mm too big :-(

Oh yeah, I remembered wrong. It's actually maybe half a mm too big.

Back