Joystick Pin Layout On Mk2?

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
I was following the D-Pad mod Bacteria made, and after sanding off the elevated plastic and clipping the joystick, I took the back of the GP2X. When I looked at the pins for the Joystick, I saw that the layout was not the same as it was in Bacteria's guide. I then noticed that Bacteria had a MK1, not an MK2. It looks like the joystick was rotated in the MK2.

Here's the PDF Bacteria had made: http://members.aol.com/gp2x1234/GP2x-Dpad.pdf

Here's what it looks like on MK2 (I rotated the diagram Bacteria made):

joystickux9.jpg

However, the space between red and green is a bit wider, and so is the space between orange and yellow.

Despite these differences, can I still follow this diagram for the MK2 by just rotating the picture?

UPDATE: I remembered that the mk2 joystick was rotated 45 degrees, so it makes sense that this rotation would be present. So, I went ahead and soldered. While adding some extra solder to the pins that would need wires attached, I decided it would be a good idea to touch the metal element of my soldering iron, and now my middle finger hurts like a bitch. I'm not even sure if the solder I applied made strong joints or cold joints...this is actually my first time soldering. When I tried applying solder directly to the pin, with the soldering iron on the other side, the solder wouldn't melt onto the joint. So, instead, I applied the solder to the point between the pin and the soldering iron. I think it worked. I also made it a point to not breathe in the fumes...those were thick SOBs.

Sadly, I had only done 2 or 3 pins by the time I burned myself...so I'm gonna take a break for at least an hour or so.

Back