This Thing Is All Kinds of Awesome

Kumaki

I have Firefox on this, so can browse the web, and check my web-based email on the fly, I have a word processor, a spreadsheet, a database program, an daily organizer and a calculator installed and working - I have Vlc for video stuff, and have Audacious and Rockbox for audio, haven't decided which one I might like better.

Wondering if anyone would suggest anything else that might be useful to have on this.

This thing is so great, can play over 1,000 games on 19 different emulators, surf the web, do word processing, have a daily manager, and listen to music, all on the same device...with over ten hours of battery power.

This thing just rocks as nothing else ever!!

I have the following emulators all up and running:

GPFCE - NES

SNES9X4P - SNES

GPSP - GBA

GNGB - GBC, GB

HUGO - PC Engine

Colem - Coleco

PicoDrive - SEGA Genesis, Master System

MAME4ALL Beta

PanMAME

Atari 7800

Dega - Sega Game Gear

FBA

Handy - Atari Lynx

MSX

Stella - Atari 2600

UAE4ALL - Amiga

Vice x64 - Commodore 64

JZINT - Intellivision

RACE - NEO_GEO Pocket

A weird thing about RACE - it will NOT go to menu-only, it won't even show up there...not even if it's in apps. Itwill ONLY show on desktop, period...so if you want it, it looks like you have to have it on your desktop, with an icon. You can put it in the apps folder and it will show on desktop, too...but it won't show in menu!!

Android PND has got to be worth having a play around with eh?

There's that old post somewhere too from the competition which a load of the devs and porters here done some great looking work, I just looked for the thread with the winners and entrants listed but couldn't locate it - perhaps someone else will be so kind as to up it for you - it had some great looking games and apps though.

Loving it eh, good good... I'm just a bit jealous :)

you need this: NyanCat ; )

Nyan-Cat-Screensaver_tx2y.jpg

# TrueCtypt is always usefull

# try DeaDBeeF, it's my absolute favourite music player

# PuTTY is nice if you want to manage your servers on the go xD

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in another topic...I was asking about PSX...I'm not sure there's a lot of games on it I would be interested in...as I never owned a PSX myself...it was knda like out of my generation...I'm an old fart, 41 years old...and I thought SEGA Genesis kicked butt!

Although, I'd love to be able to play Dragon Warrior 7...though I am not sure this one could be made to work on a PSX emu for Pandora...I know it would not work on the emu for Dingoo, anyway.

It's a tough game to make work even on a PC emu of the PSX...which I do have! I did make Dragon Warrior 7 work on that emu for a PC...but I'm not sure it would work here. I'd get this emu if only for that game...if I knew it would work.

Keeping in mind that I basically come from the Pac-Man Era...what on the PSX would appeal to me, do you think?

Absolutely, PCSXrearmed is a wonderful piece of software, which just keeps getting even better, and is worth the price of admission to the Pandora alone - install it - stat!

Cheers

Simon

LOL, I'd have to get all the ROMs, but I know where to do that...again, because it is a system I'm not very familiar with, I'm wondering what kinds of games does it have that might appeal to me?

Keeping in mind that for me, growing up, the Atari 2600 was high-flying technology. Keeping in mind that when someone says "video game" the image that comes to my mind is Space Invaders.

Basically, I'm VERY old-school in my video game likes. Although, when I'm in the right kind of mood, I am known to enjoy thousand-bullet-hell type games. I never got very much into fighting games...unless you consider Yie-Ar Kung Fu to be a fighting game, which I guess it is...but it is NOT Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. when I talk about fighting games, I'm talking about things like Street fighter...and those sorts of games never much appealed to me.

I hate to be annoying here, but it is hard for me to describe the kinds of games I really like...since most of them were made before most on this Board were even born, lol! Like I said, old fart here, I'm 41.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I'd have to get all the ROMs, but I know where to do that...again, because it is a system I'm not very familiar with, I'm wondering what kinds of games does it have that might appeal to me?

Keeping in mind that for me, growing up, the Atari 2600 was high-flying technology. Keeping in mind that when someone says "video game" the image that comes to my mind is Space Invaders.

Basically, I'm VERY old-school in my video game likes. Although, when I'm in the right kind of mood, I am known to enjoy thousand-bullet-hell type games. I never got very much into fighting games...unless you consider Yie-Ar Kung Fu to be a fighting game, which I guess it is...but it is NOT Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. when I talk about fighting games, I'm talking about things like Street fighter...and those sorts of games never much appealed to me.

I hate to be annoying here, but it is hard for me to describe the kinds of games I really like...since most of them were made before most on this Board were even born, lol! Like I said, old fart here, I'm 41.
theres a good few 2d games on psx.r-type delta is very good.reloaded,castlevania symphony of the night,contra,also try syphon filter 2 its 3d but its ace.also strider 2

OK, I just might give this a try...seems a couple of goodies might be out there. I notice the files are called ISO's...and are in zip format. Is this okay?

As far as PS1 games go, it depends what you're after. Metal Gear Solid is a classic, as are the final fantasy games (7,8 and 9), Anything Crash Bandicoot, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 1 and 2, Tony Hawks Pro Skater games, Tekken 1, 2 and 3....All classic games.

I am even older, and I found a few PSX rpgs I liked. Grandia tops my list ATM. For a real oldschool RPG classic try xu4 (Ultima 4) on the repository (you will need pen and paper to track the interwoven hints and goals).

I fully agree the OpenPandora is a dream machine. Worth the wait and price. I have everything i want in my pocket now.

PSXreARMed has been added to my list.

So far, I just have Williams Arcade Classics. This is the sort of game that is my speed.

Good to know I just need the .img file. I did not know you had to unzip these files at first. LOL.

A weird thing about RACE - it will NOT go to menu-only, it won't even show up there...not even if it's in apps. Itwill ONLY show on desktop, period...so if you want it, it looks like you have to have it on your desktop, with an icon. You can put it in the apps folder and it will show on desktop, too...but it won't show in menu!!

The funny thing about RACE... This guy named TJ Hooka did the port and he's been a complete pile of bitch and not done any updating/maintenance at all... hopefully someday he pull his head outta his codehole and do some corning!

RACE does turn up in my menu, however it's in a stupid place so maybe that's your issue.

For whatever reason it's in Other > RACE!

RACE does turn up in my menu, however it's in a stupid place so maybe that's your issue.

For whatever reason it's in Other > RACE!

Nope. You must have a different version than I do...I have the ReBirth model in Platinum. My Pandora Menu has

Settings

Accessories

Documentation

Emulators

Games

Graphics

Multimedia

Network

Office

System

And that's it. no "Other" And RACE shows up in none of the lists above. not in Emulators, not in Games...not anywhere. Only on the desktop icon. the emu works fine, it just won't show in Menu....even if you place it in pandora/menu.

You can place it in pandora/desktop - and it shows in desktop only

OR

You can place it in pandora/apps - and it STILL shows in desktop only.

Back