This is What the Pyra May Look Like...

That microphone placement looks like it could easily be covered up when you're holding the d-pad.  Not ideal for playing DraStic.
If the audio jack is a headset/microphone combo jack then you could just attach an external microphone.

That microphone placement looks like it could easily be covered up when you're holding the d-pad.  Not ideal for playing DraStic.
If the audio jack is a headset/microphone combo jack then you could just attach an external microphone.
AFAIK it is one, and even has a switch to switch between Apple-like headsets and other headsets.

So that you have to use a headset/mic every time you want to hold Pyra and use the built-in mic? :huh:

? I have no idea what you're trying to tell us here...?
One person said that the mic can easily be covered while playing a game, like DraStic.

Another person said you can just use a external microphone.

I was trying to imply that she/he basically suggesting to use a external microphone

every time to play DraStic or any other game/app that uses the mic. 

Last edited by a moderator:
? I have no idea what you're trying to tell us here...?
One person said that the mic can easily be covered while playing a game, like DraStic.Another person said you can just use a external microphone.

I was trying to imply that she/he basically suggesting to use a external microphone

every time to play DraStic or any other game/app that uses the mic.
In my experience the number of DS games where the microphone is used for truly time-critical aspects is limited.As such you can easily release your grip of the DPAD to talk into the mic in case your hand actually blocks reception.

<edit>I am assuming here that there is a good reason (e.g. spacial limitations) for the current mic positioning.</edit>

Well, the DS microphone also is bad. Really really bad.

It mostly reacts to noise, so even when the microphone is covered with your hands, it should still be good enough.

Well, the DS microphone also is bad. Really really bad.

It mostly reacts to noise, so even when the microphone is covered with your hands, it should still be good enough.
Speaking of quality of the mic.  Is it the same as Pandora's?

Are we going to have the headset and built-in mic wired sensibly this time round?

They should be two separate mono audio devices not a combined stereo input.

Arent the speakers ribbon types, could help with less feedback/intermittance/cross-over.  Also making sure the speaker isnt coupled to the case, even at full excursion helps with not transmitting mechanical noise over to the record stage.

Since its a stereo mic it would be a nice feature to have one on each side for binaural recording. Or at least some mechanical seperation between the two.

I think the internal microphone will be it's own device, ED mentioned it's a digital microphone.. I'm wondering if it's something like this: 

http://www.mouser.com/new/stmicroelectronics/stmicromp34db01/

Edit: Ah looking at the specs, these don't have an ADC built into them, just an analog output so it will still need a traditional connection to the SoC's ADC.

Back