This is What the Pyra May Look Like...

That's actually a nice blue. Reminds me of my fat DS color.

That looks awesome!

Still a bit of work to do around the shoulder buttons?

For an alpha case - that's coming together VERY nicely.

That looks good for a first prototype. I notice a screwhole at the center of the hinge, will that prevent the "gap" that often occurs on the pandora between the bottom of the frame and the lcd? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this image below correct, in terms of what Pyra ports are shown there?

[spoiler'd so not in obvious view, in case I'm wrong, don't want it assumed this is how Pyra will be :) ]

EDIT: Labeling on image below is incorrect - Is actually; USB3 | 2 x host USB | Micro USB | Headset | Micro HDMI

14uyfjb.png

Mainly, I'm wondering about the headphones connection one, is that where it's planned to be?

I know there was discussion about it being on the sides, which would be better positioning for when it's in the pocket and used as music player. I hoped that would be how it was done, but from that image it looks like that's the port there. Anyone know, Askarus, ED?

I know there was discussion about it being on the sides, which would be better positioning for when it's in the pocket and used as music player.
I can't find the quote now but ED said he wouldn't put it on the side because then it would get in the way of your hands when you're actually holding it.

I know there was discussion about it being on the sides, which would be better positioning for when it's in the pocket and used as music player.
I can't find the quote now but ED said he wouldn't put it on the side because then it would get in the way of your hands when you're actually holding it.
Ah ok, I missed that post I think then.

Makes sense though, hadn't considered that ... glad those involved in actually building it are though :)

:ph34r: What he said. lol

Well, they said they don't want to put it on the sides because the head/earphones would get in the way while playing. I prefer it to be in the front, but I don't think space is there for it.

Is this image below correct, in terms of what Pyra ports are shown there?

[spoiler'd so not in obvious view, in case I'm wrong, don't want it assumed this is how Pyra will be :) ]

14uyfjb.png
Mainly, I'm wondering about the headphones connection one, is that where it's planned to be?

I know there was discussion about it being on the sides, which would be better positioning for when it's in the pocket and used as music player. I hoped that would be how it was done, but from that image it looks like that's the port there. Anyone know, Askarus, ED?
Your "HDMI" looks like a USB 3.0 Micro B to me. I don't know if the hdmi is one of the other smaller ports, perhaps the top one. Hard to tell since ED thought the keyboard would be more interesting to focus on. :p

Or if that's actually a port in the center below the two big USB ports. But it looks more like a strap hole.

Yep, I just watched that video too :)

I'll add a little comment to my post above just confirming that it's incorrect.

Mini HDMI it is then, which is fine by me, and what I thought was the HDMI is the USB3 which is great too.

Very happy with those connections available.

Pyra launch can't come quick enough for me right now

Also, that's a headset jack rather than a headphone jack - its got a microphone line (optionally swappable with the common earth)

I see, cheers.

For the phone side of things yeah, though I'm still not sure how/if it will be used to make calls, will it be only via some VoIP type apps, as appose to a normal phone module [like a normal mobile phone I mean]?

I guess to ensure able to receive calls at anytime, we'll still need to carry a mobile phone as well

though I'm still not sure how/if it will be used to make calls,
See this thread

Specifically this quote:

And yes, we will buy the "voice" license (it is more a patent issue than a technical) to have voice calls through headset or bluetooth. It is not planned to have a phone earpiece (placing the Pyra to your ear).
it's planned to have an optional 3G modem including voice. 3G may work in your area or maybe not, but it's possible.That being said, the headset is for more than just phone calls. The Pandora has one as well, doesn't get a lot of use but I'm sure there are some who appreciate it.

Big pics warning.

Pyra.jpg

Pyra_2.jpg

Also, I been wondering. What's that small dot on the left next to the keys?

Although nice to have to an extent, seeing where the extra two buttons are, I wonder if they will cause more issues than benefits.  

Although nice to have to an extent, seeing where the extra two buttons are, I wonder if they will cause more issues than benefits.
Well, I put it as close to edge as the big buttons were and the little buttons are about the same spaceaway from the big buttons too.

Back