Any chance on talking to anyone at Valve about the Pyra?

Ultimegus

Still Fresh
OK I am aware at ALOT of games and maybe even the Steam client may not work on this but has anyone on the steam thought about the possibilities with talking to Valve about the Pyra?

Here is why:

- Big Picture Mode would work great for a system like this and would just plain look cool.

- Valve is doing the beta right now for streaming games. Imagine being able to stream my steam games from my desktop to not only my steam box in the living room but to my Pyra. Yes it won't have the power for some games but some should be able to work. This would also be good for valve as they wanted to make a mobile push. I think the pyra could help that push.

I think it is at least worth a try.

I would not count on it.

The best you could achieve is the streaming support from a stream box to the Pyra.

IF this will happen it will happen for Android and perhaps iOS WAY before they will even consider the Pyra.

I don't know about that . It wouldn't hurt to shoot a email their way. Yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up but give them info and maybe a nice surprise might happen.

A simple email will do nothing.

Contacting the boss directly may have some kind of impact.

Anybody can build a Steam box.

He's much likely to respond than any other console actor.

About the response... that's another story :D .

a-chance.gif

I actually just talked about steam on the Pyra over on reddit :) . Even just the streaming would be awesome.

The thing is, Valve said they are doing linux as a jumping off point to Android. Linux is just so they can learn OpenGL, and get everything ready. Then it is just an easy port to Android. So yea, I think steam will come to the Pyra. They would probable treat it much like Steam on Linux, they release it for one platform (Ubuntu) but you can get it working on others (Arch in my case). Granted, it will most likely only be on Android, but still. Boot up android, and you have a better Shield :) .

Back