This Is Just Sad.

Amirite?

• Yes

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

I've just started using my Pandora more than ever (even after getting an iPhone and netbook recently), I just hope more people get the chance to do so now!

I'm a somewhat early preorderer. I had a one-nub unit that died on me recently (usb charged it to death) but it still works if plugged in. I put in an order for another pandora in the 2nd batch awhile back as well. The news lately doesn't seem to be too uplifting, but i'll still support Ed, because he's honest and hardworking. At this point, if anyone can make a miracle happen, it's Ed.

I'd really like to see a pandora 2 happen. :pandora2ut4: :)

Prometheus said:
I'm a little confused. What's locked down, and where? :blink:

I think he means as in you are not allowed to criticize or post things how you
see them. If you do either of the above then you either get slapped like a child
or banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
No they don't. Udepths was banned by Craig and that ban is mostly opposed but there's nothing that can be done. Other than that, I can't think of anyone unjustly banned from either forum.
Do you have some examples of people punished for criticism?

I was banned with no warning directly after posting this to the $1 Pandora thread..

After waiting all this time and having absolutely nothing to show for it I can't bring myself to give you any money at all. not without losing my self respect any way. I might buy a T-shirt if I like the look of it and think it's worth it but that's as far as I'd go.

I will donate directly to developers and the gp32x.de forum when/if I finally get my Pandora but I won't pay a penny towards this forum or any other sites to do with OpenPandora as a business. At the end of the day these are company web sites and paying to use a companies web site or forum donating to help run a companies web site or forum just seems wrong to me for whatever the reason. Especially when it was Craig that wanted to split from gp32x.de and set up this forum in the first place.

I see this as a bit of a p*ss take in all honesty after the other ways that they've gotten money out of their supporters over the years :angry:

Really? Sorry. It is very difficult for me to keep saying "no, it's a great community and legitimate complaints are met with answers and reassurance" when Craig does things like that on a regular basis. There are a lot of such complaints that are met with helpful answers, if it's any consolation, but I suspect those are just threads that he hadn't bothered to read.

edit: waaaiiit a second. You posted just a few weeks ago, and have been posting regularly since that post. When did the ban happen?

WizardStan said:
Really? Sorry. It is very difficult for me to keep saying "no, it's a great community and legitimate complaints are met with answers and reassurance" when Craig does things like that on a regular basis. There are a lot of such complaints that are met with helpful answers, if it's any consolation, but I suspect those are just threads that he hadn't bothered to read.

edit: waaaiiit a second. You posted just a few weeks ago, and have been posting regularly since that post. When did the ban happen?
I think it was less than 15 minutes after I posted that. 07 September 2011 - 11:10 PM.
I had to email ED from this forum to get it sorted out.

EDIT: I sent ED a message 08 September 2011 - 09:35 PM when I still couldn't get on the forum and after some digging around confirmed that Craig had banned me but he didn't know why.

ED's next 2 big hurdles after Pandora's start rolling out.
1. Taking control of the Pandora forum away from Craig. Good luck with that.
2. Stopping the over protective members from starting endless flame wars over any little bit of Pandora criticism.

One problem at a time I suppose.

DisgruntleElf said:
ED's next 2 big hurdles after Pandora's start rolling out.
2. Stopping the over protective members from starting endless flame wars over any little bit of Pandora criticism.

One problem at a time I suppose.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with those two sentiments.

DisgruntleElf said:
I honestly believe these two are the same goal: Craig is the only person who really does anything to stop legitimate criticism. I'll admit to some zealousness when someone posts something I know to be false, but that's at least as much to do with trying to figure out why that particular person is having a problem as much as it is to stopping what looks like illegitimate criticism.
I have a genuine worry that I've unintentionally been an ass to someone who didn't deserve it, and this vague discussions about cliques of users that will vehemently attack users for criticism is not helping to alleviate my worry. I'm not sure whether the fact the only examples presented so far are directly attributed to Craig is helping or not.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
I was banned with no warning directly after posting this to the $1 Pandora thread..
Then what happened?

By whom had you been banned, and was there any discussion that followed between you and that person? For how long have you been banned?

edit-05jan2012-1748GMT+1: Sorry, I didn't see there was another page to the thread.

I must say, I do sort of regret lacking the time to keep abreast of these forums. And I do apologise to anyone who has been on the wrong side of Craig, I can't say I'm a particular fan of his abrupt bannings because we're left to deal with the backlash. And, of course, it alienates a great deal of decent folks from those forums.

I don't agree that we've got particularly draconian moderation going on, excepting Craig's spontaneous bans. Personally I moderate with as light a touch as possible, although I've even fallen afoul of folks once or twice for appearing a little too heavy handed or even malicious. It's not my intention to be this way, and in all honesty I'd rather stick to the positive aspects of moderation; stickying good topics, collating information, helping users.

Anyway, hello gp32x'ers, I'm sure you don't care much, but I'm sorry I don't hang around here more often!

gadgetoid said:
I must say, I do sort of regret lacking the time to keep abreast of these forums. And I do apologise to anyone who has been on the wrong side of Craig, I can't say I'm a particular fan of his abrupt bannings because we're left to deal with the backlash. And, of course, it alienates a great deal of decent folks from those forums.

I don't agree that we've got particularly draconian moderation going on, excepting Craig's spontaneous bans. Personally I moderate with as light a touch as possible, although I've even fallen afoul of folks once or twice for appearing a little too heavy handed or even malicious. It's not my intention to be this way, and in all honesty I'd rather stick to the positive aspects of moderation; stickying good topics, collating information, helping users.

Anyway, hello gp32x'ers, I'm sure you don't care much, but I'm sorry I don't hang around here more often!

Sorry to say this but that forum is one of the worst forums ever to help promote a device.....

Chris S said:
gadgetoid said:

Sorry to say this but that forum is one of the worst forums ever to help promote a device.....
Just because they wouldn't let you call someone a "C*NT", Cas/Doughnut/Chris S?

Prometheus said:
Chris S said:
gadgetoid said:

EH ? If you are making accusations then can I suggest that you have your facts correct. I saw that also as I visit there as a quest and have never
joined. Seeing as you have made a public accusation I would like a public apology regarding this.

Get your facts right before pointing the finger in public please.

Chris S said:
Prometheus said:
Chris S said:
gadgetoid said:

EH ? If you are making accusations then can I suggest that you have your facts correct. I saw that also as I visit there as a quest and have never
joined. Seeing as you have made a public accusation I would like a public apology regarding this.

Get your facts right before pointing the finger in public please.

When making an accusation like that, and from a very respected moderator at that, I'd have thought that your IP address and other personal info at her disposal matches those of Cas. Of course, I don't have that information myself but Prometheus certainly does and I'd not peg her as someone to make that kind of statement without evidence.

Anyway, I'm off to get some popcorn and see what happens next :)

D.

Dunny said:
When making an accusation like that, and from a very respected moderator at that, I'd have thought that your IP address and other personal info at her disposal matches those of Cas. Of course, I don't have that information myself but Prometheus certainly does and I'd not peg her as someone to make that kind of statement without evidence.

Indeed. It is exactly the same IP ;)

Last edited:
WhiteFalcon said:
palmertech said:
I remember the excitement of the Pandora, and the heated debates that took place. Man, this forum was ACTIVE!

You tell me. I loved the GP32 even after buying the GP2X. Then the idea of a Craginator or Pandora appeared and I was all into it. Met a girl. Kept talking about the Pandora to be. Got engaged. Kept talking about the Pandora to be and preordered. Years passed. Split up cancelling the engagement. Still no Pandora for me. Then the capaign "He who pays more, skips the line and shows the middle finger to the long time preorderers" started. Fed up. Finally cancelled the preorder. No fiancee, no Pandora. So I cant even feel like a geek anymore. The forum no longer looks like a living thing. This post doesn't even deserve a smilie. Just kind of needed to spit it out, like you did.

I want to give you a cuddle. Get over here.

EvilDragon said:
Dunny said:

To be devil's advocate, the external IP address doesn't really prove anything though, does it?

fishybawb said:
EvilDragon said:
Dunny said:

To be devil's advocate, the external IP address doesn't really prove anything though, does it?

Nope, sure doesn't. I remember trying to download a file from Rapidshare or someplace like that while I was on campus, and since someone else connected to the same (public) access point was also using Rapidshare at the time, my computer was blocked from being able to download. Just one example of how two people can share the same IP and one have no idea who the other even is.

Back