• Yes

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Nope

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

fishybawb said:
EvilDragon said:
Dunny said:
When making an accusation like that, and from a very respected moderator at that, I'd have thought that your IP address and other personal info at her disposal matches those of Cas. Of course, I don't have that information myself but Prometheus certainly does and I'd not peg her as someone to make that kind of statement without evidence.

Indeed. It is exactly the same IP ;)

To be devil's advocate, the external IP address doesn't really prove anything though, does it?

Thank you, did not like to say it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
fishybawb said:
EvilDragon said:
Dunny said:
When making an accusation like that, and from a very respected moderator at that, I'd have thought that your IP address and other personal info at her disposal matches those of Cas. Of course, I don't have that information myself but Prometheus certainly does and I'd not peg her as someone to make that kind of statement without evidence.

To be devil's advocate, the external IP address doesn't really prove anything though, does it?
Indeed, but the fact that the mannerisms are identical, the posts are are contradictory, that "Chris S" keeps referring to things that his other account came out with, and the fact that "Chris S" only pops up on GP32X to complain about the official form after popping up to take potshots at people over there and being called out on it or after getting temporarily banned from the other forum are all quite telling, too.

fishybawb said:
There is a chance that they're both using the same access point. Being in such close proximity, maybe they're just room mates, or siblings. Either way, it doesn't matter: as Prometheus points out, posting behaviour suggests they're posting as a single entity; see one post and there's a reasonable chance of seeing the other.
So it could be that Cas and Chris S are the same person pretending otherwise, or it could be that Cas and Chris S are two people in the same house with one of them occasionally saying "let's go insult that Sony guy again for no reason, and then act indignant on the other board". I'm paraphrasing, obviously, but that'd be the gist of it.

There is the fact that Cas once signed an apology for an outburst as "Chris", too... Whether that was in error or not, I don't know, but it is another thing that suggests to me a single entity, rather than two people who dislike the same forum and make team posting efforts.

We can definitely rule out a shared campus IP, though, as the tools I'm looking at inform me that it is a residential one.

Prometheus said:
fishybawb said:
EvilDragon said:
Dunny said:

Indeed, but the fact that the mannerisms are identical, the posts are are contradictory, that "Chris S" keeps referring to things that his other account came out with, and the fact that "Chris S" only pops up on GP32X to complain about the official form after popping up to take potshots at people over there and being called out on it or after getting temporarily banned from the other forum are all quite telling, too.

Then you have your mannerism assumptions incorrect in this case, stop trying to be an internet spy
and moderate which you are very good at by the way.

Please stop this crazy paranoia towards me on here which I assume has been started by a very famous troll
from over there. From what I have read on the Openpandora forums regarding this cas character, he posts it
how he sees it, he calls it as he sees it, if he thinks somebodies a fool he will call them so, he is not
looking for a rise.

This latest impromptu ban that he has been given might stop the remarks, but some do find it hard to stop
saying it how they see it.

I read and see what goes on the Openpandora forums as a very regular quest reader, I do not post what I feel
on there not being a member, so post here normally straight away after reading it.

Oh and just to finish some ISPs use shared IP addresses as well.

Hope this is the end of this now.

Chris S said:
he calls it as he sees it
Just because you see it doesn't mean its there. Some people need help.

Prometheus said:
There is the fact that Cas once signed an apology for an outburst as "Chris", too... Whether that was in error or not, I don't know, but it is another thing that suggests to me a single entity, rather than two people who dislike the same forum and make team posting efforts.

We can definitely rule out a shared campus IP, though, as the tools I'm looking at inform me that it is a residential one.

I cannot believe as you say you are spending your time tracking and tracing people, why, does it matter ?

This is not a court of law and I have done nothing wrong here, please leave me alone now.

Chris S said:
I cannot believe as you say you are spending your time tracking and tracing people, why, does it matter ?
When someone tries to use a puppet account to martyr themselves, it very much matters.

Whenever there is a matching IP and associated suspicion (and suspicion only arises when user behaviour invites it) it is always verified privately between mods before anything is said or done. As if it needed further proof, this turn of events on GP32X was the predicted outcome of giving Cas a week off from the other boards.

Just to be clear there is no rule against using a different name on each forum. It is noticed though (again, if we're given cause to look closely), and if it's being used to spread attacks or negativity, we're going to speak up.

Chris S said:
Then you have your mannerism assumptions incorrect in this case, stop trying to be an internet spy
and moderate which you are very good at by the way.
Thankyou very much. It's nice of you to say so - I hope you better appreciate my stance against censorship now.

Please stop this crazy paranoia towards me on here which I assume has been started by a very famous troll
from over there. From what I have read on the Openpandora forums regarding this cas character, he posts it
how he sees it, he calls it as he sees it, if he thinks somebodies a fool he will call them so, he is not
looking for a rise.
I'm struggling to see how someone who only posts accusations of attention-seeking, and nasty insults, can be seen to be calling it as it is. Would you call that post he made when I told him ROM links weren't allowed to be calling it like it is?

This latest impromptu ban that he has been given might stop the remarks, but some do find it hard to stop
saying it how they see it.
If you find it hard to stop, the next one won't be temporary, I'm afraid.

I read and see what goes on the Openpandora forums as a very regular quest reader, I do not post what I feel
on there not being a member, so post here normally straight away after reading it.

Oh and just to finish some ISPs use shared IP addresses as well.
Yours does not, though. In fact, the plan your IP address denotes is one with a static IP address - that's when one IP address is assigned to one household.

Hope this is the end of this now.
As do I.

Chris S said:
Prometheus said:

As Stan said, when fake accounts are being used, it does.

And I'm not tracking or tracing anyone - as Gruso alludes to, the forums simply flagged it up quite visibly.

This is not a court of law and I have done nothing wrong here, please leave me alone now.
As long as you stop with the nastiness with your other accounts, and the act of trying to pretend that more people agree with your views about imagined "cliques" and the like than really do by using fake accounts here. That's all anyone wants.

Lock is tempting. The only two active threads in this forum are dedicated to moaning.

No grounds for bans though; no board rules have been broken thus far. Just a bit of lively discussion and denial. :D

No lock, Gru. It wouldn't be fair - Cas likes to tell it how it is, and Chris S claims that we ban and silence people who say things that we "don't like".

Agreed on no ban, either. Nothing's been done wrong here.

I was just suggesting the easy solution as you definatly have better things to do (like being with your family or playing megaman) than arguing with someone that want to prove he is "right" at any cost...

sebt3 said:
I was just suggesting the easy solution as you definatly have better things to do (like being with your family or playing megaman) than arguing with someone that want to prove he is "right" at any cost...
Thanks, Seb. :)

That said, I'd rather not take the easy solution, as that doesn't strike me as a fair one.

You know what's sad? Coming back to discover tons of bitching, little more and even worse, the off topic archive appears to be deleted here due to endless SPAM!! Oh well.

Back