This is a longshot, but... anime thread?

Oi, Nerds! "Cyberpunk: Edgerunners" any good? The title makes it seem as if someone's trying to borrow some Shadorun air.

Oi, Nerds! "Cyberpunk: Edgerunners" any good? The title makes it seem as if someone's trying to borrow some Shadorun air.
Well it's based out of the Cyberpunk game ( Role Playing and video games), kind of Shadowrun adjacent, but does have a history just as old as Shadowrun.

Ah, I wasn't aware, that the video game was based on something that already existed.

Can anyone tell me how Chainsaw Man is? All I know about it is that there's a Chainsaw Man.

Chainsaw Man, Chainsaw Man
Doing whatever a chainsaw can

Can anyone tell me how Chainsaw Man is? All I know about it is that there's a Chainsaw Man.

Chainsaw Man, Chainsaw Man
Doing whatever a chainsaw can
Denji has a simple dream—to live a happy and peaceful life, spending time with a girl he likes. This is a far cry from reality, however, as Denji is forced by the yakuza into killing devils in order to pay off his crushing debts. Using his pet devil Pochita as a weapon, he is ready to do anything for a bit of cash. Unfortunately, he has outlived his usefulness and is murdered by a devil in contract with the yakuza. However, in an unexpected turn of events, Pochita merges with Denji's dead body and grants him the powers of a chainsaw devil. Now able to transform parts of his body into chainsaws, a revived Denji uses his new abilities to quickly and brutally dispatch his enemies. Catching the eye of the official devil hunters who arrive at the scene, he is offered work at the Public Safety Bureau as one of them. Now with the means to face even the toughest of enemies, Denji will stop at nothing to achieve his simple teenage dreams.

I went and watched the first chapter. Jup... always out of money. Protagonist can't sleep at night either. Dreams about eating. Animation is ok. backgrounds are well done.
Seems like other people who know the manga are hyped about the Anime too. So yeah. it's gold (if you can stomach the excessive gore).

I mean, I can stand a bit of gore. So "Reincarnated as a Sword" works for me.

also: very sad now that the cute dog is dead.

Last edited:
@JDTAY if you like action but also a lighter theme, give this one a chance: Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! (the eminence in shadow)

The Witcher: Nightmare Of The Wolf

It shows the story of Vesemir, the master of Geralt.
Very very good stuff !! Good graphic and animation, the music is comparable to the ones in the game "The Witcher 3".
Maybe action sequences are a bit exaggerated, but well, it's an anime after all...

I’ve been thinking about this one anime I haven’t even watched, Full-Dive, aka This Full-Dive VR Game Is Even S***tier Than Real Life. I was thinking that I was born in the right era, because I like button gaming. There’s been a trend towards making NPCs more sentient and games playing psychological tricks on you, and that’s only going to increase with better VR and AI. Social skills are going to be a requirement for games of the future, which sucks, because if I had social skills, I wouldn’t be playing video games.

I'm glad someone made a compilation, it means I don't have to pirate purchase all the episodes for just a few scenes.

Ditnt watch Anime a Long time, im still at the Thriller Bark in One Piece, and the Second JOJO is still at the Beginning on its Training whit Lisa Lisa .. , and i ditnt even know what happens to the Story of "Attack on Titan", it was quite easy in the first few Sessions: Big Dudes wants to Eat the Peaple on the City, Cool Dudes whit Carped Cutter Sworts fly around ^^, but now its quite difficult..

Dit try to continue One Piece yesterday evening, still the Thriller Bark, but unfortunally i was too tired, so i had to rewind the Video Playback a few times but ditnt came far.. , so maybe this is something for a different day..

Demon Slayer seems to be a quite interesting Anime, just watched the first episode and it’s allready quite cool
Ok im maybe watching too many at once as I’m still on the last session of Attack of Titan, the second half of the first session of Jo-Jo , the Thriller Bark Session of One Piece and not that far whit „I’m a Spider“
Not to forget Naruto Shippuden, and others..

But well DS seems to be awesome ^^

I’ve got ten days left to either finish watching JoJo part six or add more money to my Netflix account. Twelve episodes down, twenty-six to go.

Not Anime but Manga. It's called "I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year".

Here's just a comment midway the Manga:

Pyrectic: This is the moment...
This is when you know every chapter after this would hurt you but it would also be bitterweet and amazing...
So this is the moment, read on and weep or stop and move along
Very few mangas or stories are like this, but those are the ones that stick with you forever

Divyanshu:
I am first time reading this manga. I dont know what will happen next but your comment sent shiver down my spine. Having read a lot of manga, I can expect what is to come next after the ending of this chapter and your comment . But I will read it till the last .

It's a sad story, but very sweet. The pacing, photography, storytelling it's all amazing. I recommend it. (pm me if you want the link)

Another masterpiece: "His Women's University"

Despite the title it's PG so totally OK.
This masterpiece starts a a RomCom (Romantic Comedy) and does excursions into a mystery detective story, a fighting action story, all while retaining a brilliant comedy, that had me gasping for air while laughting out so loud that my neighbours might think I've lost a marble.
Why is it a masterpiece? Well, because before a slapstick gag, there are a few panels, and then there's the clue. Well, one up that with a panel after that that ups the ante and has you laughing so hard you need to take a little break.
It does everything right: Interesting story, not too many characters so you don't lose the "who-is-who" thread. All well defined characters, all with backstories, quirks and growth. The Manga breaks the forth wall in unexpected ways, like a cow that talks to you, just to name one.
Then there is this learning you can do while carefully reading. I gained much respect for social sciences; being a math/engineering oriented person I gained new respect for the incredible amount of reading you need to sift through. In a sense, math is simple, or more concise and precise. The parents of the protagonist cosplay, for extra point try to recognize each cosplay.
Oh, and most importantly: Women are not portrayed as idiots. Instead, they are more observant to their surrounding, cunning, strong and resourceful all while retaining their femininity. Sure, some are made oblivious for comedic reasons, but it's not all the time. I love that equal standing of both sexes.
And even with all that heavy thematics, it's ultra light and fun to read.

Last edited:
Back