This is a longshot, but... anime thread?

Djoga'Ro

moonstruck
Oi, Nerds! "Cyberpunk: Edgerunners" any good? The title makes it seem as if someone's trying to borrow some Shadorun air.

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
Oi, Nerds! "Cyberpunk: Edgerunners" any good? The title makes it seem as if someone's trying to borrow some Shadorun air.
Well it's based out of the Cyberpunk game ( Role Playing and video games), kind of Shadowrun adjacent, but does have a history just as old as Shadowrun.

Djoga'Ro

moonstruck
Ah, I wasn't aware, that the video game was based on something that already existed.

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
Can anyone tell me how Chainsaw Man is? All I know about it is that there's a Chainsaw Man.

Chainsaw Man, Chainsaw Man
Doing whatever a chainsaw can

FBnil

They'll own everything and be miserable.
Can anyone tell me how Chainsaw Man is? All I know about it is that there's a Chainsaw Man.

Chainsaw Man, Chainsaw Man
Doing whatever a chainsaw can
Denji has a simple dream—to live a happy and peaceful life, spending time with a girl he likes. This is a far cry from reality, however, as Denji is forced by the yakuza into killing devils in order to pay off his crushing debts. Using his pet devil Pochita as a weapon, he is ready to do anything for a bit of cash. Unfortunately, he has outlived his usefulness and is murdered by a devil in contract with the yakuza. However, in an unexpected turn of events, Pochita merges with Denji's dead body and grants him the powers of a chainsaw devil. Now able to transform parts of his body into chainsaws, a revived Denji uses his new abilities to quickly and brutally dispatch his enemies. Catching the eye of the official devil hunters who arrive at the scene, he is offered work at the Public Safety Bureau as one of them. Now with the means to face even the toughest of enemies, Denji will stop at nothing to achieve his simple teenage dreams.

I went and watched the first chapter. Jup... always out of money. Protagonist can't sleep at night either. Dreams about eating. Animation is ok. backgrounds are well done.
Seems like other people who know the manga are hyped about the Anime too. So yeah. it's gold (if you can stomach the excessive gore).

I mean, I can stand a bit of gore. So "Reincarnated as a Sword" works for me.

also: very sad now that the cute dog is dead.

Last edited:

FBnil

They'll own everything and be miserable.
@JDTAY if you like action but also a lighter theme, give this one a chance: Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! (the eminence in shadow)

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
The Witcher: Nightmare Of The Wolf

It shows the story of Vesemir, the master of Geralt.
Very very good stuff !! Good graphic and animation, the music is comparable to the ones in the game "The Witcher 3".
Maybe action sequences are a bit exaggerated, but well, it's an anime after all...

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
I’ve been thinking about this one anime I haven’t even watched, Full-Dive, aka This Full-Dive VR Game Is Even S***tier Than Real Life. I was thinking that I was born in the right era, because I like button gaming. There’s been a trend towards making NPCs more sentient and games playing psychological tricks on you, and that’s only going to increase with better VR and AI. Social skills are going to be a requirement for games of the future, which sucks, because if I had social skills, I wouldn’t be playing video games.

Null

Text
Website
www.pixelfed.social
WEBSITE
https://elderberry.sdf-eu.org

I'm glad someone made a compilation, it means I don't have to pirate purchase all the episodes for just a few scenes.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Ditnt watch Anime a Long time, im still at the Thriller Bark in One Piece, and the Second JOJO is still at the Beginning on its Training whit Lisa Lisa .. , and i ditnt even know what happens to the Story of "Attack on Titan", it was quite easy in the first few Sessions: Big Dudes wants to Eat the Peaple on the City, Cool Dudes whit Carped Cutter Sworts fly around ^^, but now its quite difficult..