Things That You Want To See Running...

+1 for Crysis!

Seriously though, I would like to see something along the lines of synaptic being used. It isn't exactly showing off how powerful the device is, but it's definately something I'd like to see.

I'd like to see Firefox downloading something with special regard to the download speed, since I know that from my Nintendo DS Wifi (5-6 KB/s, which sucks) and from my ipod touch (about 60-100 KB/s maybe with 600 kb/s theoretically possible) wifi on the go has more or less disappointed me until now.

Then I would love a working Angstrom or ubuntu distro with Firefox, pidgin & a mp3 player running at the same time, hopefully still not lagging too much :)

And of course I'd like to see Q3, but I wonder if it has actually been ported over yet (does someone know more of this?)

Wolfsclaw said:
And of course I'd like to see Q3, but I wonder if it has actually been ported over yet (does someone know more of this?)
Since Q3 has already been ported to angstrom, the only thing needing to make it run and work optimally is converting the renderer from OpenGL to OpenGL ES 1.1 or 2.0 and custom code for the pandora's specific features like controls. There could be more to it then that though. Q3's renderer is no simple thing to convert to 1.1 or 2.0 I suspect though.

Last edited by a moderator:
*laugh* I remember my first thought when looking at the Pandora specs was the cliched "Yeah, but does it run Crysis?" Nice to see I'm not the only one stuck with that in their head :)

I would like to see some of the classics running on the emulators with one of the Linux-ported 3D games. In order of preference:
  • Silent Hill or Resident Evil 2 running on the Playstation emulator
  • Metal Gear Solid running on the Playstation emulator
  • ioquake3 or sauerbraten running through the Linux distro.

I'd like to see an EOS Utility to allow monitoring, maybe touch focousing areas? or even the wifi to wifi EOS grip for remote shootig?

Gmenu (latest build), FFVII via psx4pandora, Firefox - But most of all I want to see close ups of the device itself.

I want an idea of the actual colour, plastics used, comments from craigix (or whoever has it) about the feel of the keyboard now its all together.

:)

We're nearly there folks, another 4 weeks and i'll really be getting excited.

I personally would like to see a book reader up and running.

Not the most fancy thing, but I'll be doing a lot of reading on it and I would like to see how it looks.

Quake 2 timedemo in 840x480 software rendering.
Browsing heavy pages with Firefox.

Edit:
I'd like to see the same browser benchmark used in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnsaDc6criM

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see two things. First, I want to see how well the current iteration of PandaSNES can run games with special co-processors...Specifically, seeing Star Fox run would be quite lovely...

Secondly, I just want to see some sweet GIMP action inside Angstrom now that we have 256 MB of RAM.

Back