The Youtube Video Thread!

Sarlix said:
:lol:

Bend that spoon!
I was thinking more along the lines of getting Trinity's phone number ;)

Cheers for the video ML.
Hopefully I won't need an extra power supply for my external hard drive as it's a 30Gb iPod running Rockbox firmware and it should run off the battery anyway :)
Did you just remove the HD from the Pandora or did you un-mount/eject it first? not too sure why it would disable your USB port?

Last edited by a moderator:
I unmounted first, as much as the Pandora would let me. There is a problem with something not releasing mount points (probably libPND). It happens no matter what media I use, pocket HDD, Thumbdrive, SD Card reader. So it's probably related to the unmount issue. Keyboards, mice, and other non-mass storage devices don't seem to trigger the behavior.

mindlord said:
I unmounted first, as much as the Pandora would let me. There is a problem with something not releasing mount points (probably libPND). It happens no matter what media I use, pocket HDD, Thumbdrive, SD Card reader. So it's probably related to the unmount issue. Keyboards, mice, and other non-mass storage devices don't seem to trigger the behavior.
Ah right crap. At least it's one of those bugs that should be sorted out fairly quickly :)

Awesome Amiga action john4p. Some of my fave games right there and all running sweet as :D

Amazing vids john4p! Thanks a lot!

Ok, now I really can't wait for my Pandora!

Btw, on the vids I spotted some tearing, for example of the battle squadron one. Is it due to Youtube rendering, or is vsync not yet implemented in UAE4All?

Great selection of Amiga vids. I was reminded how damn fast Lotus was, how smooth Stunt Car Racer was, how innovative Hunter was, and how terrible Robocod really was.

Gaeryc said:
When encoded correctly, the videos look amazing. These are my early settings for videos.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2SZz7nb6OXQ

Thanks for the Video Gaeryc! I just happened to be searching Youtube for new Pandora videos a moment ago and saw this. Glad to see an average low def h263 MKV plays well, Have you tried any larger videos than 800x448?

mindlord said:
Same vid that I posted in my review thread.

Thank for that vid.
I would like to see some Bluetooth action. Maybe a small BT keyboard.
As far as USB goes, I would love to see a vid with a web cam attached.

I am now goinf to watch those AMIGA vids :)

Creature XL said:

I've got a USB Quick CAM that is Linux friendly, but without any sort of video recording software for the Pandora, I'm afraid it wouldn't be a very exciting video. I'm going to hook it up later today, just to see if the Pandora recognizes it.

mindlord said:
Creature XL said:

I've got a USB Quick CAM that is Linux friendly, but without any sort of video recording software for the Pandora, I'm afraid it wouldn't be a very exciting video. I'm going to hook it up later today, just to see if the Pandora recognizes it.

You could try using Cheese. It's a GNOME application that I think can record video as well as stills. Probably in the Angstrom repos.

Dead1nside said:
mindlord said:
Creature XL said:

You could try using Cheese. It's a GNOME application that I think can record video as well as stills. Probably in the Angstrom repos.
So it is... Until I set up a SD card with the bootable OS, I'm not going to be installing things from the Repo willy nilly. :)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Awesome Amiga action john4p. Some of my fave games right there and all running sweet as :D
Thanks. Unfortunately some favs of mine (yours probably, too) like SuperCars I&II and Lotus II don't work. I think Cyclone is incompatible with those. Thus it'd be nice to have an alternative UAE4All-port which utilizes Fame/C (while Cyclone is definitely superior Fame/C might be compatible to some of those games).
PUAE seems to run every game there is (including AGA titles). But it's not fullspeed (yet).

Michoko said:
Btw, on the vids I spotted some tearing, for example of the battle squadron one. Is it due to Youtube rendering, or is vsync not yet implemented in UAE4All?
Sadly you've spotted that right. VSync is just too demanding on top of Amiga emulation. You need a fast PC to have fullspeed Amiga emulation with VSync.
But when you play you almost won't notice the (slight) tearing.
Still the games look smoother in reality than in the Youtube vids because the Pandora's display is set to 50HZ (which gets lost while being recorded with my 30/60fps video camera).
Also there are no dropped frames when it's set to frameskip 0. Only sometimes this slight tearing.

GunPei2X said:
I was reminded how damn fast Lotus was, how smooth Stunt Car Racer was, how innovative Hunter was, and how terrible Robocod really was.
Hehe. ;)

Alpha2 said:
Gaeryc said:
When encoded correctly, the videos look amazing. These are my early settings for videos.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2SZz7nb6OXQ

Thanks for the Video Gaeryc! I just happened to be searching Youtube for new Pandora videos a moment ago and saw this. Glad to see an average low def h263 MKV plays well, Have you tried any larger videos than 800x448?
At the moment it seems that even h263 videos that are larger than the screen don't work, but it is not yet hardware accelerated so they should work in the future. Luckily I have a powerful computer that is almost always on and I can be encoding in the background :lol:

john4p said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
Thanks. Unfortunately some favs of mine (yours probably, too) like SuperCars I&II and Lotus II don't work. I think Cyclone is incompatible with those. Thus it'd be nice to have an alternative UAE4All-port which utilizes Fame/C (while Cyclone is definitely superior Fame/C might be compatible to some of those games).
PUAE seems to run every game there is (including AGA titles). But it's not fullspeed (yet).
No Supercars 2 :blink: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's ok, I have full faith that PUAE will be fullspeed in no time. GnoStiC's a great dev :D

Back