The Wii Probably Needed This As A Launch Title

ste_167

Website
Visit site
Rogue Squadron must have shifted a few Gamecubes. It still looks good now.

If this was in the pipeline for the Wii, I'm sure there'd be alot of interested Obi wannabes out there. It seems the perfect use for their controller. What d'you think?

Star Wars!

ste_167 posted on Jul 26 2006 at 02:55 AM said:
Rogue Squadron must have shifted a few Gamecubes. It still looks good now.

If this was in the pipeline for the Wii, I'm sure there'd be alot of interested Obi wannabes out there. It seems the perfect use for their controller. What d'you think?

Star Wars!
I think that if it becomes reality there needs to be a reward for best saber noises picked up on the controllers microphone, that is what the Wii is all about, innovative gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Entirely agree! :lol: And just think of all the fluorescent tube light accidents that will be prevented.

What they need is a FPS (first-person-sabre?) Star wars jedi game (FP KOTOR?)
That would really be a system seller. Like the idea of the light sabre hum coming from the wii remote speaker.
Does the wii remote have rumble or vibration as well?

I've just looked it up, and apparently it does.

And... interesting:

"At the end of the demonstration, Gamasutra inquired as to whether the company planned on creating a lightsaber game for the Wii, after many commented on the suitability of the system to the concept - especially after an internal speaker was revealed in the controller being used to demo the concept. This question produced a number of knowing smiles around the room from LucasArts employees, followed by the comments: 'We know' and 'We are looking into it', as possible concepts for the game were discussed. However, the firm has not yet made any official announcements regarding planned Wii titles."

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9270

Back